my attempt at tinted tails

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brianw0048

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
i wouldn't call this a failure, but it definitely needs practice, lol.

I used VHT nightshades, wet sanded the tails with 2,000 grit before spraying them, then wet sanded them with 2000 after spraying, and finally polished with a rubbing compound. They're not perfect, but they'll do until i decide to redo them or buy something else.

Pictures aren't great cause it's dark outside and there's a light on the passenger side of the truck...but I think the driver side is a hair darker anyway...

IMAG5625_zpsnccjkn6c.jpg

IMAG5624_zpss40jc31p.jpg

Trykonkid11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looks good. Just do a little more sanding on the driver side to even it out. I did the same to mine. I like the way they look.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Galion

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you plan on keeping the vht on for awhile, you should clearcoat them. If you don't the vht fades over time.

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
If you plan on keeping the vht on for awhile, you should clearcoat them. If you don't the vht fades over time.
I was planning on doing the same thing to mine with vht night shades. Whats the best clear coat to use with the vht?

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

Trykonkid11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I didn't use a clear, I waxed the hell out of them until I got them nice and clear. Mine have been done for two years now, no fading what so ever. I do keep them well wax/polished.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Galion

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I was planning on doing the same thing to mine with vht night shades. Whats the best clear coat to use with the vht?

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

Only my third brake light is vht'd, my tails have actual tint on them but I used Dupi-Color perfect match automotive clearcoat on it and so have a few other people I know that used vht.