Need help finding squeak at rear of truck please!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tpearson515

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So a couple weeks ago I posted pictures of my rear 1.5 spacers with rub marks in them where the coil had been rubbing. I finally removed them thinking they were the cause to what I have been hearing... drove home last night and it is still happening.

I can not cause the issue to happen with the truck standing still while moving the suspension up and down. The squeak happens while driving and any imperfection in the road I hear a loud short squeak coming from the rear of the truck, I've sprayed my bushings in the back with white lithium grease, I removed my spare tire, and also chaffe guarded my brake cable where is was rubbing. My truck is a 2015 ram with 40k miles on it.

I've been searching on this forum for possible causes alot of talk of shocks. I'm looking at the shocks in the rear and they do not look like they have leaked out or the bushings have worn at all.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, it is driving me nuts for only having 40k on the truck and it being a 2015.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Scgirardi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had a similar situation. After scratching my head for weeks. I finally took my ball hitch off. Squeak vanished. Not sure if you keep one on year round. At least now every damn suspension component is nice a greased up! Lol

OP
OP
Tpearson515

Tpearson515

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had a similar situation. After scratching my head for weeks. I finally took my ball hitch off. Squeak vanished. Not sure if you keep one on year round. At least now every damn suspension component is nice a greased up! Lol
Thanks, but I have remove my ball hitch, I just picked up a can of deep creep by seafoam I'm going to spray absolutely everything. This is seriously going to drive me insane lol. I'm at the point of wanting to trade this in

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Have to tried having a buddy ride in the bed while you drive and see if he can help pin point the location of the noise???

OP
OP
Tpearson515

Tpearson515

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No I have not yet, I might try that at lunch though.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If its not the shocks its likely the bushings.

grizzstang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Crawl under the rear and pull down on the hitch while you listen. My bet is where your rear coils meet the seat on the diff. It is metal on metal there and my left rear coil has a squeak.

OP
OP
Tpearson515

Tpearson515

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thank you to everyone who replied, so I believe the squeak was coming from the bushings on the arms from the rear axle to the frame. In the past I've used PB blaster on the bushings, I called Napa and asked. They told me to try a product called deep creep by seafoam. So being skeptical I used about 2 cans on all my bushings really working it into everything jumping up and down on the truck to make sure it could work into the bushings. It has been about 4 days now and no squeaks. Holy crap I could not be happier, it feels nice to drive around in a truck that is not squeaking every second.

Again thank you to everyone. I do have a question though. Should the bushings on our truck be lubricated yearly?

Thinking back this all started when I drove through really bad construction dust/clay and I pressure washed my truck off, possible that I dried all the bushings out with the clay and heat of pressure washer. Regardless I'm happy that it's gone and to anyone, the deep creep spray us awesome.cabeec58d9440550019e2113c444d8b6.jpg

fxnytro17

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 Sport 4x4
Engine
Do you have the airlift coil airbags? Mine are squeaky at times.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Might be a good idea to remove them and put some marine grease on them. Either way at least its gone.

I'm gonna get me a can of that deep creep

grizzstang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would be careful of spraying petroleum oil on rubber bushings. Oil tends to break rubber down. You could find a can of Krown or Fluid Film, both are designed to use as rust protection, are compatible with rubber and also act as a lubricant.