Need tire recommendation unfortunately

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Grow up.better yet go color in your book while the grownups talk.edit: i just re read this.:waytogo:for not having them but having BRO TRUCKS that do.:waytogo: for thinking for yourself and NOT following the herd.and finally one for just being you:waytogo:sorry op,i'll stop now.

Lol you go pretend to go 4 wheeling in your mid life crisis dreams tonight. I hope you get ran over by a set of dura tracs.

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
why do you knobs care so much what i think? i know they suck,so quit ******** at me and try convincing the op for crying out loud.holy ****,it's like i called your mothers a **** or something. move on.

RamNSubie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Everyones opinions on tires is different. Some will say a certain tire is junk while others love it. When reading tire reviews from people there is always one thing to keep in mind, the phrase "Your Mileage May Vary."

As far as my opinion, this is my first truck but have driven various trucks in the snow before my ram and have driven RWD/FWD cars through a Maine winter. The duratrac is a very capable tire for 90% of people out there. I used 2wd, without the LSD, most of the time in snow and got around fine. The road noise isn't much more then the stock tires, just have to rotate them a bit more from what everyone running them has told me. My father likes them so much that he plans on putting them on his 3500 dump truck.

Cyborg2337

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Duratrac is a very good tire, maybe not for everyone but it's solid. Bcbouy, if you disagree about something that's fine, but do it respectfully not immaturely. If you spend time reading through this forum you will understand why I have come to respect xrsman and blackbeautyhemi over the years.
To the OP, I thought Nitto made all size tires for 18" and you can't go wrong with Nitto. Same with Toyo, both very good tires. Price might be a little high but you are still not necessarily overpaying because the quality is there. If price is important then my recommendation is General (I have the AT2's and am very pleased) or Cooper. They both are very good for the price and all their models are solid. Cooper also makes Mastercraft and Mickey Thompson which are both good. Same with **** Cepek although they would be last on my list. Still a good tire though.

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
UH.
AM I on the Z or something?

Thought we kept that crap, over there, and HERE, we actually had intelligent people discussing.

This thread reads like a 2nd grade classroom out to recess.

jasonw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
I am going to be the oddball here and throw in a vote for Hankook Dynapro ATm tires. I have heard a lot of good things about the Duratracs, but the Hankooks are what I've bought for my last three sets of new tires. They aren't as aggressive as some, but I've seen videos of them running circles (literally) around Coopers in the snow.

I plan on comparing the Duratracs and Dynapros when I purchase my tires next, which will be before next winter (probably around October unless a really good deal comes along).

Last edited:

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
I am going to be the oddball here and throw in a vote for Hankook Dynapro ATm tires. I have heard a lot of good things about the Duratracs, but the Hankooks are what I've bought for my last three sets of new tires. They aren't as aggressive as some, but I've seen videos of them running circles (literally) around Coopers in the snow.

I plan on comparing the Duratracs and Dynapros when I purchase my tires next, which will be before next winter (probably around October unless a really good deal comes along).

What's wrong with the Michelin LTX A/T's in your signature?
I ran the M/S for over 15 yrs, on my 99 3/4 ton Dodge and loved them.

The Vna company, at work, uses Hankooks and Coopers, as well as some others but those two seem to be a good tire. BUt not nearly as good as my old Michelins.

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Since my switch to coopers, I can't imagine ever having a different tire. Its so bad that when I see other trucks with something else, I feel so bad for them. Like they were neglected growing up, beaten, abused, misguided.. And only a 5th grade education. I just want to give them a hug and tell them everything's going to be ok.

200w.gif

IMO

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Since my switch to coopers, I can't imagine ever having a different tire. Its so bad that when I see other trucks with something else, I feel so bad for them. Like they were neglected growing up, beaten, abused, misguided.. And only a 5th grade education. I just want to give them a hug and tell them everything's going to be ok.

200w.gif

IMO

Lol I do like the new coopers a lot but I don't get why you hate the nittos so bad. Mine aren't noisy and they grip and ride really well.

chris1965

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know I might get beaten, but I prefer the Good Year Wrangler.
I drive ~75 miles highway every day and these tires roll up very smooth and quiet. they also dampen the ride. Because I drive highway, I always give them 2PSI more- I drive 42 PSI in the tires. The Wrangler are the only tires, where I do not have a way higher wear in the center of the profile. I also had them on the old truck and I got ~60K miles out of it. I am not a sporty driver- I roll down the highway with 70mph and cruise control. I do not step on the brakes very often and when I see, they slow up in front of me, I take the cruise off and let it roll out, till I have the same speed.
I'm getting with these tires 21mpg with my way of driving. which is also part tire related.
I had the Hankoock (don't know if it's spelled right) and I hated them. hard, loud and after 30000 miles, the center was bald. Also because I drive some ramps on the highway, the left front tire with Hankook looked like something was eating on it. I did not get more than 35k miles out of it- even though they had a 50K warranty. And they refused warranty, because the center of the profile was bald and they said, I drove with too much air. I also noticed 1mpg less fuel mileage with the Hankoock.
Like I said- with the Goodyear, I never had the problem. they're even quiet, when the profile is low.

Last edited:

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
I know I might get beaten, but I prefer the Good Year Wrangler.
I drive ~75 miles highway every day and these tires roll up very smooth and quiet. they also dampen the ride. Because I drive highway, I always give them 2PSI more- I drive 42 PSI in the tires. The Wrangler are the only tires, where I do not have a way higher wear in the center of the profile. I also had them on the old truck and I got ~60K miles out of it. I am not a sporty driver- I roll down the highway with 70mph and cruise control. I do not step on the brakes very often and when I see, they slow up in front of me, I take the cruise off and let it roll out, till I have the same speed.
I'm getting with these tires 21mpg with my way of driving. which is also part tire related.
I had the Hankoock (don't know if it's spelled right) and I hated them. hard, loud and after 30000 miles, the center was bald. Also because I drive some ramps on the highway, the left front tire with Hankook looked like something was eating on it. I did not get more than 35k miles out of it- even though they had a 50K warranty. And they refused warranty, because the center of the profile was bald and they said, I drove with too much air. I also noticed 1mpg less fuel mileage with the Hankoock.
Like I said- with the Goodyear, I never had the problem. they're even quiet, when the profile is low.

Good Year Wrangler what? SRA, Duratrac, All Terrain, MTR, Silent Armor?

regulator54

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 SLT Plus, Crew Cab 4X4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I installed BFG AT KO2s, 275/65/20 on my new truck. No rubbing, looks great. Decided on the BFGs as they are snow rated. Had Cooper AT3s on my last truck, but no snow rating, and I could never keep them balanced.