need your opinion about the rambox

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jon0m0berry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
So I'm looking to possibly trade my 2010 bighorn for a 2014 Laramie. It's already very similar to mine, hemi 4x4 even has the 3.92 in it, it even has the same aftermarket intake mine has lol. However I'm not 100% on the rambox. I'm worried it will take away to much from the width of the bed. Have any of you ran into that problem? Also does anyone know if a hard, locking tonneau cover is available that isn't a tri fold with the rambox?. Any help is appreciated

Jeffnc84

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 ram
Engine
I wish I had the ram box, buy one in flame red and I'll swap you bed s

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

dan1911

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I do not own a Ramboxed ram, but the Ram box width is what turned me away from the truck I was looking at. On paper I thought I could deal with it, but in person it was too big of a sacrifice of usable space since I couldnt think of what I would want to store in there long term. It also wouldnt allow my ATV (or current toolbox) to fit, and that was my biggest deciding factor. Others will chime in I'm sure, but it was too little space in the bed for my liking.

keith.C.2313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500 Sport
Engine
Didn't know if I would like them at first but after hauling lumber(4x8 plywood) it fit fine and I love the extra storage. Only takes up the wheel well of the bed. Way cleaner look then the diamond plate behind the cab tool box. Plus they have a plug in the bottom so it can double as a cooler.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

mdifilippo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
What do you use the bed for? Unless you need that extra width beyond the wheel wells I say go for it. I love being able to store things in the boxes and know I always have them handy and outside of the cab. Can't help with the tonneau cover just know I found that they pretty much run more expensive sized for the rambox bed.

lonestar21

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Don't have it but as stated already I would love to have a ram box lol

warbat

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC 4wd
Engine
I'd sell my wife's sister for a Rambox.

I'd sell my wife for a Rambox. Like others have said, if you aren't consistently hauling loads wider than the wheel wells the Rambox seems like an awesome addition to any truck.

Damion

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I was on the fence about my truck having them at first but now that I have them, I wouldn't want to be without.

Millerghr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Love them. Worth the bed width reduction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hemipower95 2.0

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I thought i would want it, but I need the bed space.
Like the concept of using them as a cooler though.

satcomtim

Reaction score
Ram Year
Went back and forth on my truck and decided to get them. Not sure I'll have another truck with out them. Went camping this past weekend and it was nice to have the storage areas for smaller things.

RumRunner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the rambox and I love them. As already stated, 4x8 fits in the bed. They fit plenty of tools and other stuff, and have lights inside. Can't say enough about how much I like not having to get up into the bed to get to the middle of a toolbox. Also the cargo divider has come in handy a few times.

jasonw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
I was on the fence about my truck having them at first but now that I have them, I wouldn't want to be without.

+1. My 2013 didn't have them, and I thought I'd give them a shot with this 2014... and yup, don't think I'll ever own a Ram without them now.

Fyredude

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The ram boxes are great! Would not own another truck with out them. My Avalanche has a smaller version of the Ram box and I loved them. It's a nice place to carry that stuff you never knew where to store it! Would definitely get the truck with the Ram box!

Tim7139

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Classic ST Crew 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi w/8 speed 3.92 gears
Moving from my quad to the crew with ram boxes I missed the bed length a few times but never the width.

Tim7139

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Classic ST Crew 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi w/8 speed 3.92 gears
I've only seen rolling and tri fold locking covers. I went for a BAK VP for the one piece look.

Limited bed cover options (and there costs) are definite drawback of the ramboxes.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
One of them pictures are worth a thousand word moments, looks like a little sweet ol two tone truck, but in fact is a war rig and nobody is the wiser.

mp_011002rm_1281640608-tfb.jpg

016-Ram-1500-Rebel-4x4-Hemi-storage-compartment-01.jpg

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
And you don't loose storage you just enhance it. My deepest regret is not getting a ram box, if I knew how long I'd own this truck I surely woulda. Mine is a ranch truck as well, I use the hell out of the bed. But, you can't even take the bed if it is full of gravel anyway, it's too heavy. Can only take 1/2 a yard of rock safely, and there is plenty of room left over. A yard of sand or gravel weighs 3k pounds, and I believe that is about double the weight the manufacturer says the load limit is for the 1500. I had a pallet of wood pellets this winter in the Ram, exactly 2000 pounds, and I was scraping. Glad it was a short trip, but I had plenty of room left in the bed. It was not comfortable driving with the side to side weight neither, wheels looked flat.

jillx-wide-community.jpg

Last edited:

JJP71584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So I'm looking to possibly trade my 2010 bighorn for a 2014 Laramie. It's already very similar to mine, hemi 4x4 even has the 3.92 in it, it even has the same aftermarket intake mine has lol. However I'm not 100% on the rambox. I'm worried it will take away to much from the width of the bed.

I have a RamBox and love it. It's very convenient for all the little things you don't want in the cab but don't want rolling around in the bed. (Sports equipment, ice scraper, etc.) It does take out the space in the bed, but you can still fit a full sheet of drywall in the bed...

I probably won't have another truck without the RamBox's.

Not to mention that I love being able to fill them with ice and beer for a concert, then pull the plug and drain them out afterwards.