Nerf bar question and LED question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mhb1638

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Guys I have two questions if any can help.

(1) I am going to install nerf bars on my new truck and I really like the powered amp ones but the price is ********. My next option is the rugged 4x4 look people get...I have included a picture for reference. I have noticed N-Fab and SmittyBuilt make these, maybe others. Is there one better than the other? I have heard N-Fab main bar is open ended? The other thought is I'm not really sure I want that 3rd step...seems weird.

(2) LED. Years ago I ran mini LEDS in my vents (sport hood) and it was pretty cool. I only did one row. Well, I'm thinking of doing the same only this time doubling the rows. There are 3 rows of honeycomb I can use, I figured 2 rows would give a more obvious look. My question is...with that many LEDs running together, do I need any type of relay or anything? If memory serves, I think I'll be running approx 32 total LED's (2 rows of 8 bulbs x 2). I am figuring a fuse of course. Thoughts?

Attachments

• 1037.5984.800x600.D1594CC-6.jpg
    1037.5984.800x600.D1594CC-6.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 71

Solid State

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just picked up a set of the IC mag steps for my 2011 CC. They're replacing the chrome ones I bought when I got my truck. It seems like everyone has the nfabs. And, I will say that all of the ones I see around here look like **** after a couple winter seasons. I hope the IC's hold up to the elements better. No help on the LED's

OP
OP
M

mhb1638

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just picked up a set of the IC mag steps for my 2011 CC. They're replacing the chrome ones I bought when I got my truck. It seems like everyone has the nfabs. And, I will say that all of the ones I see around here look like **** after a couple winter seasons. I hope the IC's hold up to the elements better. No help on the LED's

JGBimle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have NFab steps. I ran them a little under a year and took them off due to the finish of them not holding up.

BigDogg795

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Do you have a link to them? I have Raptors and I'm not terribly pleased with them...I've had to repaint them once already and I haven't had them two years yet.

Solid State

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
https://www.magnumtruckgear.com/c-34-magnum-rt-steps.aspx

Solid State

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I guess its just "Magnum RT" stepsand . IC Mag is something else...

Hop41031

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Guys I have two questions if any can help.

(1) I am going to install nerf bars on my new truck and I really like the powered amp ones but the price is ********. My next option is the rugged 4x4 look people get...I have included a picture for reference. I have noticed N-Fab and SmittyBuilt make these, maybe others. Is there one better than the other? I have heard N-Fab main bar is open ended? The other thought is I'm not really sure I want that 3rd step...seems weird.

(2) LED. Years ago I ran mini LEDS in my vents (sport hood) and it was pretty cool. I only did one row. Well, I'm thinking of doing the same only this time doubling the rows. There are 3 rows of honeycomb I can use, I figured 2 rows would give a more obvious look. My question is...with that many LEDs running together, do I need any type of relay or anything? If memory serves, I think I'll be running approx 32 total LED's (2 rows of 8 bulbs x 2). I am figuring a fuse of course. Thoughts?

X2 on the black nerf bars.. Personally, I think it looks sharp. As far as the third step, love it! I'm looking to get a set pretty close to what you posted.. If you have a toolbox and/or put stuff in the bed often, the third step is great. My brother has that third step (uses it a ton) and says he would never go back to two

12sportmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I went with the mopar black nerf bars after having the Westin GenX (very similar to NFab). They looked cool but were t very get in and out friendly. I got a set of the MOPAR mega cab black nerf bars from EBay to give me the wheel to wheel length and thy look perfect on my CC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2603cc3238fe5e394d5bc16280c35f56.jpg