New Bed extender today!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chopperman1

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Rebel
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Researched them quite a bit. Ended up with an Amp Research HD Max. Got it from Auto Anything for the best price around.

Amp has a fixed price program out there so most discount codes do not work with them. I just did a chat session with them and they beat the best price i could find by 10%. There is also a 50$ rebate going on right now.

A bit of a bugger getting it to the right size but SUPER bonus that I wasn't expecting was that the pre-existing dimples on the bed were the exact location the mounting brackets. Simple drill at 9/64th and buda-bing, done.

2djti7o.jpg

v5zdjk.jpg

35ksllf.jpg

212hefq.jpg

ifmpsn.jpg

Last edited:

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Dual purpose, allows you to toss groceries in a space when the tail gate is up. How much? looks real good quality. It's theft proof when the tailgate is up and locked?

bdcramer1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've had them on my last two Rams. Fitment, and utility are great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ColdCase

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've had one of these for near a year and it works pretty well. Not that much to them considering the price. I find myself removing it more often than not as I hate picking up something large that fits in the bed on an impulse only to find the bed full of an extender. I thought it would be more useful, but not to me. It is a little tricky to line up and remove and install, but so light weight thats not a big thing. It would be theft proof if you have a theft proof bed cover, although it may be difficult/awkward to remove/cut the brackets with the tailgate closed.

Last edited:
OP
OP
chopperman1

chopperman1

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Rebel
Engine
5.7L HEMI
With the tailgate locked they are theft resistant. You need to bring them to a 45deg angle towards the tailgate to lift it out of the hinges. If the tailgate is locked there is no way to get it to the 45deg angle regardless of which bed cover you have on it or none at all. I paid under 200 after rebate for it.

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Dual purpose, allows you to toss groceries in a space when the tail gate is up. How much? looks real good quality. It's theft proof when the tailgate is up and locked?

That's the sole reason I bought mine. With a regular cab there isn't really anywhere to put shopping bags. With the extender I just flip up one panel of my tonneau and then I pretty much have a trunk.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
That's why I asked, I have a reg cab as well.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Had one in my 11 rcsb, works awesome.

ColdCase

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
With the tailgate locked they are theft resistant. You need to bring them to a 45deg angle towards the tailgate to lift it out of the hinges. If the tailgate is locked there is no way to get it to the 45deg angle regardless of which bed cover you have on it or none at all. I paid under 200 after rebate for it.

I wouldn't expect the extender to be that high on a thief's list. With a locking tailgate, its certainly not a quick grab and walk away. But I think the mounting screws are relatively easy to access with the tailgate closed, so a perp could jump in the bed and just unscrew about 8 screws and walk away with it, if I remember correctly. If he doesn't want the bed mounts, they are just plastic pieces and can easily be broken.