New to this Forum, looking for some tire opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ltcoliver

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport Crew Cab Sunburst 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have my 2009 4x4 crew cab getting leveled next week . My current Kuhmos leak air so badly they need inflated weekly. I am looking at three tire choices, two of which I see some comments about, the Goodyear Duratrac (look great), the Coopers (nice tread pattern) or the Dunlops Max Traxx (looks agressive). I have nto seen anyone comment on the Dunlops. I had them on my Jeep (different type of Dunlop) and they were nothing short of awesome.

Opinion on these three tire choices?

Additionally, with the 2.5 leveling kit, is there any reason not to go to the 305 55 20s?

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
Welcome

Sent from my AT&T iPhone 4.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Hi...welcome to ram forum. The cooper zeon ltz's get great reviews. Personally after having them I am a big fan of toto open country mt's, but mud tires are not for everyone. The biggest reason to think about not getting 305/55/20's its the chance that they will rub unless you are not worried about running 1/4" spacers

The Assassin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Welcome! I agree Toyo makes a great tire. I'm personally not familiar with the other ones you made mention of. There is a member that just got a new Toyo tire. Let me see if I can find the link.

OP
OP
ltcoliver

ltcoliver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Since both my kids are off to college in totally different directions and I have several other daily drivers, I do not mind a more agressives tire. What is the biggest I can go without having to utilize spacers?

I am really looking for a nice looking tire that will not leave me stranded in the large amout of snow we are going to get this winter. I know this because I have to drive 5+ hours in opposite directions to get my kids for their breaks and holidays

The Assassin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm confused...are you doing a leveling kit? I actually have one for sale. The 305 tire you talked about isn't going to be much larger than what you have. With the leveling kit you can run a 35" tire. The M/T's will be more aggressive looking, but will wear faster.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Since both my kids are off to college in totally different directions and I have several other daily drivers, I do not mind a more agressives tire. What is the biggest I can go without having to utilize spacers?

I am really looking for a nice looking tire that will not leave me stranded in the large amout of snow we are going to get this winter. I know this because I have to drive 5+ hours in opposite directions to get my kids for their breaks and holidays

Width wise 285's will fit for sure...you might get away with 295's depending on the tire.

Dan he its questioning wheel spacers now..not strut spacers

bigbadram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome to the forum. I don't have experience with those tires, I have only run Nitto Terra Grapplers, but the Coopers are a popular choice for our Rams and have great reviews.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
I just remembered something..do you have the chrome clads our the painted 20's

OP
OP
ltcoliver

ltcoliver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the chrome clad... Not looking for new wheels until after winter

OP
OP
ltcoliver

ltcoliver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am having a leveling kit installed, I thought I had said that, sorry

OP
OP
ltcoliver

ltcoliver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Found a pic of the Dunlops on a 4th Gen. I really like the look and for almost $70 a tire cheaper than the Goodyears, I think this is the way I may be going. Found some information on another site. Lot of positive information.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963