New LED headlights in black housing quads.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AFMoulton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Dude, I love your truck! looks great, and I wish you had a build thread! Keep it up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Juvenator93

Juvenator93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dude, I love your truck! looks great, and I wish you had a build thread! Keep it up!

Thanks! After I add a few more things I may make one

Hankrebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I added these to my truck the other day and they worked the first night. Last night, I got a low beam headlight out code and neither side would work. I had to drive home with only my fog light.
Anyone know how to resolve this?

PowerWagonAZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I added these to my truck the other day and they worked the first night. Last night, I got a low beam headlight out code and neither side would work. I had to drive home with only my fog light.

You will need to purchase an LED kit that has a resister built into it that tricks these trucks. What is basically happening is your truck is not noticing enough draw from the headlights, it thinks the lights are out - and it's shutting down the circuit while running.

If you turn your headlights on while the truck is off - most likely they will be working just fine as the computer isn't monitoring them while the truck isn't running.

Hankrebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
You will need to purchase an LED kit that has a resister built into it that tricks these trucks. What is basically happening is your truck is not noticing enough draw from the headlights, it thinks the lights are out - and it's shutting down the circuit while running.

If you turn your headlights on while the truck is off - most likely they will be working just fine as the computer isn't monitoring them while the truck isn't running.

Thanks for the info. I will get a kit and hopefully that will resolve the issue.

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
Looks bright. Don’t care how you aim them those are going to blind everyone. U can see the light scatter on the garage door in your pics.

iam_canadian22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Looks bright. Don’t care how you aim them those are going to blind everyone. U can see the light scatter on the garage door in your pics.
Yup, you just cant aim led bulbs in reflector housings. By the time you get them low enough that your not blinding traffic you cant see **** down the road.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L

This is 100% completly false. You do not need to buy a new LED kit with built in resistors. You can buy H11 plug and play canbus led adapters off ebay or Amazon for $10-$20 and they will fix your problem. Any brand will work, aslong as they are for the H11 bulbs. Just plug it in at the end of the LED bulb wiring and plug the other end into your stock headlight wiring. Problem fixed.

No led kit has a "built in resistor". They all use an in-line plug n play capacitor.

OP
OP
Juvenator93

Juvenator93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
c58e41f39728edd28ceacee5cc3cc960.jpg5385b9e33620974c95f0542b56f71b90.jpg44554a5e602fd58bd9135f9c7aca35f4.jpg

Since my original post I’ve switch my housings from aftermarket to OEM back housings. I’ve also switched to Lightening Dark LEDs. Between the better bulbs and housings I think the light output is much more focused and gives better light

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
This is 100% completly false. You do not need to buy a new LED kit with built in resistors. You can buy H11 plug and play canbus led adapters off ebay or Amazon for $10-$20 and they will fix your problem. Any brand will work, aslong as they are for the H11 bulbs. Just plug it in at the end of the LED bulb wiring and plug the other end into your stock headlight wiring. Problem fixed.

No led kit has a "built in resistor". They all use an in-line plug n play capacitor.

I agree 100%.

I think @PowerWagonAZ might have used the wrong terminology but the thought process is correct. Just change the word resistors to canbus adapters or capacitors and you guys are basically saying the same thing:D

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
c58e41f39728edd28ceacee5cc3cc960.jpg5385b9e33620974c95f0542b56f71b90.jpg44554a5e602fd58bd9135f9c7aca35f4.jpg

Since my original post I’ve switch my housings from aftermarket to OEM back housings. I’ve also switched to Lightening Dark LEDs. Between the better bulbs and housings I think the light output is much more focused and gives better light

Your adjustment looks good. Which brand of bulb did you use again?