New LED tails install problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Funkbass

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HDMI 5.7
Hey everyone, so I ordered a tail light set from eBay and they arrived today. When I went to install them, I came to find the connectors are not compatible with mine. Anyone else run into this issue before?

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
What year is your Ram ? When I did mine, I needed to order a kit from the RetroShop so that it was plug and play.

F.O.F

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
You need a conversion harness to match up the connectors when going from non-LED to LED tails. Get in touch with JJ at Retro Shop.

PNUTLT1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey everyone, so I ordered a tail light set from eBay and they arrived today. When I went to install them, I came to find the connectors are not compatible with mine. Anyone else run into this issue before?

What year is your ram and what are the lights you bought?
You have a link?

We have this issue all the time.

Sometimes they remove the complete socket and try installing the lights, but you need to remove the light bulb only and install the LED socket that acts as a bulb into the OEM socket.

Here are some videos from us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16OwAPumWs4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wd0Jk37ppqc

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6

we need more truck info, year, did it have OEM LED tails, from the start, what LED tails did you buy?