New to me 2016 Ram 1st Exterior Mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Camblanton

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Okay guys. first exterior mod. I have small children and this thing is a lifesaver. DeeZee Tailgate Assist. Makes the tailgate glide down slowly when opened as opposed to slamming down. If you don't have it I recommend. $18 shipped on Amazon and 15 minutes to install. Definitely worth the time. Just FYI. Thanks.

Skubasteve!

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Many many members here use these. I agree, good product if the nut doesn't strip out during install.

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
My son got knocked in the head with the tailgate, he has now learned to stand clear of it, saved me from having to buy one for each of my trucks, but for some reason now every time someone talks about the back of a truck he starts to twitch and curls up in a ball, *****

Cowbell_Fever123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just a warning to people about these, my truck came with one, i love it but...

when i first got it the gas cylinder kept unhooking from the ball on the tailgate. Realized it was becuase of the big rubber piece on the tailgate strap would push it off when I closed the tailgate.

Moved the rubber thing.

Problem solved.

Just incase anyone has the same issue