New tires wearing odd, Dealer says alignment is good

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZJMAX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I hope this is the right area. Stock truck stock wheels and tire size. Ok so I just got a 2014 ram 1500 quad cab 5.7 2wd a few weeks ago. It has 77K on it and the previous owner (family member) had new tires put on it 1000 miles ago and it had some uneven tire wear on the inside of the front tires. They took it back to the dealer who installed the tires and did the alignment to double check the alignment. They said the alignment was good and to come back every 2 weeks to have the tires rotated so they would wear even. This sounds ******** to me. I will be having a friend double check the alignment next week when he is back from vacation (that's his specialty). Is this a common problem with these trucks or is there something I should look at?

Thanks,
Max

Last edited:

CLOUDL1GHT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins HO
This is definitely something that needs to be looked at and that's alignment that is definitely not correct. That dealer is smoking crack

monteholic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
something is definitely wrong if they are wearing that quickly

soSincerious

Reaction score
Ram Year
'16 1500 QC express
Engine
5.7 4x4 3.92 LSD
post of a picture of the alignment sheet.

or, let me guess ... their printer wasn't working ...

OP
OP
Z

ZJMAX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They were replacing a fuel pump because the check engine light would come on when the tank went below 1/4 full. They "Checked" it for free so no print out. So I talked with my uncle who I got it from and he called the service manager to get more info for me and he said they told him that every 70K you need to re tighten some of the the suspension or that could cause tire wear as well.

Max

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My recommendation would be find another dealership. I think someone is blowing smoke up your ass. We get second opinions from Dr's all the time, why not get a second opinion about your truck.
Jay

OP
OP
Z

ZJMAX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My buddy owns an alignment shop and he will be back on Monday. His shop is closed since they are re paving his huge lot this week.

The tires are Goodyear Wrangler SR A.

Max

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It could be a gift in disguise. If you can't get it figured out and you think it maybe the tires get rid of the junk Goodyears and get a GOOD set of tires :naughty:
Jay

craigsez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It could be a gift in disguise. If you can't get it figured out and you think it maybe the tires get rid of the junk Goodyears and get a GOOD set of tires :naughty:
Jay

Thats nuts man..So he has a tire wear issue so get rid of them and spend more money on better tires so they to can wear funny/premature to...GREAT ADVISE!!!!
DUDE..for that you get a :flipthebird:for best response of the week..

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Jay

craigsez----Maybe you should read what is in bold. How about this, IF THE TIRES ARE THE PROBLEM, GET RID OF THEM. Does that make it more understandable for you? If the tires aren't the problem then keep looking for front end problems. I'm sure the OP appriecates your suggested solution also---and thanks for the commentary on my post, althought I think your a little old to be flipping someone the bird IMHO
Jay

Last edited:
OP
OP
Z

ZJMAX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sorry been super busy at work and I hate when threads never get finished. So alignment checked out good. I replaced the tires with some coopers and no more odd wear after 2,000 miles. Guess the tires were just not the greatest.

Thanks everyone for the help.

Max