New wheel finish

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

billyw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm considering aftermarket wheels. In the past, I've had chrome, polished aluminum, clear coated, etc. All of them suffered wear and tear, especially in the winter, which can be pretty long and gruelling around here. These OEM plastic covered ones are holding up pretty well, but are getting a little boring and restrictive as far as tire choices.

I've been looking at machined/powder coated wheels. Anybody have experience or recommendations? How do they hold up? How easy are they to maintain (bearing in mind that I may not be able to touch them for weeks at a time in the winter)? Are there better brands? Better finishes?

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
i have 2 sets (3 if you count the stock ones).one for winter and one for the camper carrying season.i'll swap them out in probably early april and sand and repaint/clear the gloss/machined set and do a ceramic coat at work on my down time.i may use the chrome set for winter,the offset is better suited for winter,not sure yet.there's a million sets on c/l,why not have a winter set?

OP
OP
billyw

billyw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Definitely considering a winter set. If I did, I would prefer it be the OEM chrome clads, but can't chain 'em up. Guess I could add wheel spacers. But if I did that, I might not even need two sets of wheels anymore. I'm a little nervous about spacers/adapters though.