Nexen Roadian AT Pro

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

randallwoodward

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
anyone have experience with these tires? they are on Amazon for a pretty good price.

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
one of the guys i work with has them in a 33 that won't stay balanced.he was really happy with the price when he first got them.put them on a blazer zr2.they're sitting in the back of our work yard.does that answer your ?

Last edited:

BiGMERF

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 SLT 4x4
Engine
v6
I used nexen for a few of my cars. Decent tires. The a/t I don't know.

knightjp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I installed Nexen AT Pros RA8.. have them on for a couple of years. Got them on a good deal. 70,000 kms done and they are fine.
I’m changing them now because I run them a bit hard and one seems to have developed a leak and another seems to have wheel-hop.

Is 70,000 kms a good mileage for a tire?

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My brother in law had these tires in a old F150 2wd truck he had for work and he was impressed with them especially cause they were cheap.truck was always loaded with paint, ladders, tools etc.

Simpletire has good reviews on them, Tirerack has couple of reviews too and they seem positive.

knightjp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
After 70,000 kms, one of the tires on the developed a wheel hopping issue. The issue is rather strange that the wheel starts hopping from the speed of 80kms - 100kms. Anything over 100kms it is smooth.
I did check with my tire guy about the wheel balancing and he mentioned that the wheel is perfectly balanced. Showed it to me on the machine as proof.
Adding to the fact that another one was having a slow leak, I decided to change them in.
Would have gladly gotten another set, but it seems that NEXEN All Terrains are not in the Dubai market anymore. It seems that a majority of the all terrain tires are not in the market any more save BF-Goodrich, GoodYear and Cooper; which are pretty pricey.

tjfdesmo

Reaction score
The Nexens they use on the Ram duallies have a bad reputation for slipping belts, shaking, and premature failure. I sold mine as take-offs before my truck hit the ground. "Cheap" and "tires" don't go together.

Quyonmob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I lean towards made in North America brand names. Nexens are Korean. Some of the big name companies out source some tires, but Nexen is all Korea.

Gr8bawana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
The Nexens they use on the Ram duallies have a bad reputation for slipping belts, shaking, and premature failure. I sold mine as take-offs before my truck hit the ground. "Cheap" and "tires" don't go together.

Isn't there a thread called "Nexen tire bombs"?
That's about the last tire I would put on my truck.