off brand fender flares

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John-Dennis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My local supplier convinced be to buy some off label fender flares that he assured me were actually Bushwacker sold under a different name by his distributor.

I noticed that all the youtube videos suggested cleaning the flares with alcohol before applying the self adhesive rubber trim. None of the videos showed any custom fitting.

I found that the fit and finish was not particularly good and I also discovered that alcohol discolored the black plastic and turned it white.

I have never seen a plastic that was affected by alcohol before. Has anyone had a similar experience?

Curlyp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hmm, I would definitely return them. They don't seem "authentic".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

miguelherrera4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Mine were ebay flares that I paint matched to my trucks blue .but so far I'm very happy with them. I think they're spec d brand. Only thing Is that they're pretty flimsy off the truck but once on they're very sturdy. For 130 plus whatever I paid to have em painted I'm happy with em

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zogg

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram Express Quad Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just installed tyger brand flares from eBay. Cost $140. Fit and finish is very good. Very happy