Off Road Bumpers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mad Cow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I am looking into after-market off road bumpers for my 2011 1500 Ram Sport. I have the rear parking sensors so I want a rear bumper that enables that. I also want to add a winch with a pre-runner bar look for the front bumper. I do not want a bumper that will stick a foot out in front of behind my truck or one that looks out of place IE: un-natural bends and curves. I like some the of road armor bumpers but I am having issues of finding quality bumpers where the design teams went with the flow of the body of the vehicle. Many bumpers that I have found look like they dreamed up the bumper design in their heads and then made it fit on the vehicle. If you make bumpers I am not trying to bash you just putting what I want and don’t want out there. Does anyone have any suggestions or pictures of bumpers out there? Thanks in advance… JT

OP
OP
Mad Cow

Mad Cow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Good infor thanks I will check them out. Google here I come.

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Good infor thanks I will check them out. Google here I come.

What info??

The ones ones I can think of right off hand are Iron Bull that's actually got one out now. Iron Cross said they should have one out for the 1500s in about a month. Road Rhino has nothing for 4th Gen 1500s.

Another option is the NFab one, but it's more of a pre runner style with skid plate.

I do know right off hand that you can get the Iron Bull with rear sensor cutouts and I believe holes for the dual exhaust as well.

Bluesmoke91

2nd GEN Site Mod
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What info??

The ones ones I can think of right off hand are Iron Bull that's actually got one out now. Iron Cross said they should have one out for the 1500s in about a month. Road Rhino has nothing for 4th Gen 1500s.

Another option is the NFab one, but it's more of a pre runner style with skid plate.

I do know right off hand that you can get the Iron Bull with rear sensor cutouts and I believe holes for the dual exhaust as well.

There was a post there before...don't know where it went

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Mad Cow

Mad Cow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Yeah there was a post about some Dave Ellis bumpers. That was weird. I guess that is a name that we don't say. All I could find anyways was light bars for rams by him. Thanks for the info though guys. I have one guy up here that said he could make some but they are the same design for all trucks. I want to look sexy and the more I think about bumpers I think I will get a camera or two installed on the front bumper for saftey/ offroad use.

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
The road rhino bumpers look really good on 4th gens I think, atleast it does in capt. Mcgilicuties powerwagon

OP
OP
Mad Cow

Mad Cow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Yeah I like the idea of driving through brush and not scratching the bumper.

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
The road rhino bumpers look really good on 4th gens I think, atleast it does in capt. Mcgilicuties powerwagon

They do look good but I contacted them a couple months ago, but they don't make anything for the 09+ 1500s.

I like the idea of a front mounted camera - would definitely come in handy. I wish they made a bumper that kept the factory fog light housing - I haven't come across one as of yet though.

Black express

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT
Looked at the ranchhand summit bullnose. Not sure if it'll work on a sport model though. Actually, I'd like to know for my express

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
They do look good but I contacted them a couple months ago, but they don't make anything for the 09+ 1500s.

I like the idea of a front mounted camera - would definitely come in handy. I wish they made a bumper that kept the factory fog light housing - I haven't come across one as of yet though.

Hhh yeah I should have looks that up first lol

OP
OP
Mad Cow

Mad Cow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7

That is what I want right there. Also a front bumper where the corners/ends either run short or turn up to give more room/clearance like the jeep bumpers do. I would love to have my front tires fully exposed in the front to allow to go over more crap. I wish I had drawing skills.

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Road Armor is another company that makes them but not for the 1500s. This one I like as it does have a skid plate right in front (although the Iron Bull has somewhat of one too). I think any replacement is going to offer much more approach angle clearance than the stock bumper will. I'll take this for a 1500, please!

Attachments

• Road-Armor-Warn-bumper.jpg
    Road-Armor-Warn-bumper.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 55
OP
OP
Mad Cow

Mad Cow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I like that look the best however I wish the light options were different and the bumper was lined up with the truck better. As the back of the bumper reaches the fender you can see a gap growing.

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
That's the big boss project truck, I fell in love with that thing!

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
I get what you're saying. I'm wondering if we get the dimensions for the fog light housing and started contacting every bumper company eventually one may custom made that light housing for us. I don't see why it would be much different to just cut one large slot instead of 2 smaller ones.

OP
OP
Mad Cow

Mad Cow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Yep I think they would be surprised at who all would jump on it.

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
I'll run a different fog setup if I have to, but it's definitely not my first choice.

discojables

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Yeah there was a post about some Dave Ellis bumpers. That was weird. I guess that is a name that we don't say. All I could find anyways was light bars for rams by him. Thanks for the info though guys. I have one guy up here that said he could make some but they are the same design for all trucks. I want to look sexy and the more I think about bumpers I think I will get a camera or two installed on the front bumper for saftey/ offroad use.

Randy Ellis* (Red Inc)