Offset question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MaizeNBlue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2016 Express, front is leveled at 2.1"
I just bought and installed on my stock wheels Nitro Terra Grappler G2 285/65R20, which I will put on my new wheels
The stock wheels I know are 20x9 and the new ones will be the same.
I have my eye on a set of Fuel Kranks .... they come in 2 options , 1mm and a 20mm offset..... so what offset do the much smarter guys than me recommend?

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
20mm will be almost the same as stock. 1mm will push the wheels out 3/4"

I personally would go with the 1mm

OP
OP
MaizeNBlue

MaizeNBlue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the quick response. .. I'm looking to keep it more stock, it's a black out edition so it's already impossible to keep clean, and am worried about having to get fender flares, which I'm not a huge fan of, unless they are paint matched , which of course means another mod and more money lol

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
The 20MM is just fine if you want to tuck those.

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
1mm will look better. Little wider stance, little more lip on the rims. Its a truck, a little dirt on the sides is supposed to be there.

On Fuel's standard wheels the offset has nothing to do with the lip of the rim. Both a +1 offset and +20 offset on a 9" wide rim will have the same lip. They just add or remove material from the mounting surface to create the offset.

OP, as the others have stated, either setup will work no problem. However if you ever want to go with a wider tire down the road you'll want to go with the +1 offset. The +20 will limit you to the 285 wide tire or maybe a 295 at max.

OP
OP
MaizeNBlue

MaizeNBlue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for all education. ... I was pretty set on keeping it stock looking..... but now I'm wavering! Damn this forum! .... I'm not really a fan of fender flares and want to avoid them. I'm afraid of rock chips more than dirt.... and why on earth a guy with as much OCD as me would buy a black out is beyond me , seemed like a good idea at the time *smh*
So gonna have to go ahead and ask for pics! So if anyone has either the 1mm or the 20mm I'd love to see em. Thanks again for everyone's help!!! Love this forum!!

Last edited:

joeygster

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Bright White
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for all education. ... I was pretty set on keeping it stock looking..... but now I'm wavering! Damn this forum! .... I'm not really a fan of fender flares and want to avoid them. I'm afraid of rock chips more than dirt.... and why on earth a guy with as much OCD as me would buy a black out is beyond me , seemed like a good idea at the time *smh*
So gonna have to go ahead and ask for pics! So if anyone has either the 1mm or the 20mm I'd love to see em. Thanks again for everyone's help!!! Love this forum!!

"Damn this forum" is how I started out....more confused than anything else.....

Then it morphs into "I love this forum" & the wish lists of mods start to pile up.

Then you're back to "Damn this forum"........it's a damn circle.