Omaha Orange Paint Color

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DeereGuy

Preferred Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I went to the dealer parts dept. yesterday looking for a touch up kit for my 2016 Ram 2500 painted in Omaha orange and after 20 minutes and a phone call to Chrysler, I was told that this is a low volume paint code and that my truck was not painted by Chrysler at the factory. Has anyone heard of this before?

dhows31

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've seen several Omaha orange trucks I don't know why they would say that it wasn't done by them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

07MegaCabRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Isn't that "GO MAN GO" color?

NVP paint code? Look at your door tag. What is the paint code? Go to a paint jobber in your area.

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
According to this, Omaha Orange wasn't available on a '16 1500, only the 2500 in 2016. 2016 1500's were "Ignition Orange".

All Ram Colors | GTCarLot.com

Sure way to know is the paint code.

EDIT: My bad. Thought I saw 1500. Whoops!

Last edited:
OP
OP
DeereGuy

DeereGuy

Preferred Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
The paint code is p62 and the build sheet says lo vol Omaha orange. There is also another 45h code on my build sheet that says special paint tracking. The guy from Chrysler says it wasn't painted at the factory but couldn't figure out where it was painted. Just thought it was odd. The parts guy at the dealer said he never saw a paint code like that before. The dealer has a touch up guy that comes in each week so they are going to look at it for me.

Just would love to know what hit my truck and caused the scratches to begin with!!

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
The paint code is p62 and the build sheet says lo vol Omaha orange. There is also another 45h code on my build sheet that says special paint tracking. The guy from Chrysler says it wasn't painted at the factory but couldn't figure out where it was painted. Just thought it was odd. The parts guy at the dealer said he never saw a paint code like that before. The dealer has a touch up guy that comes in each week so they are going to look at it for me.

Just would love to know what hit my truck and caused the scratches to begin with!!

Have you thought about ordering touch-up paint online?

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L

Not for a Ram, but still p62 Omaha touchup paint: https://www.amazon.com/Renegade-Touch-Up-Paint-PaintScratch/dp/B00WRVP4V0

According to this site, there are multiple paint codes for Omaha Orange: DT5262, P62, PY5262, PY5266, PY5269; http://www.automotivetouchup.com/touch-up-paint/dodge/2014/ram-truck/

You can also buy all kinds of sizes and applications of touchup paint from the second site i listed above.
c2dfc81c515982a95c8744c294d1f759.png

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

blrmkrl83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Is there a paint supply store near you? That would be the place to go. You could ask any body shop where they get their paint at.

It's possible that the factory didn't paint it, but I doubt it. The reason I am guessing that is cost. When you build a 2500 on the RAM website they list about 30 colors, and there is no additional charge for the non-standard colors. I don't see how they could have all the extra expense of having a shop paint it and not charge anything extra. If they did those non-standard colors in batches there would be almost no additional cost for RAM to do it. But if someone knows different chime in. I'm curious now.

OP
OP
DeereGuy

DeereGuy

Preferred Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Thanks everyone!!