Opinions on my flares !

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yillbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Installed one flare to see how it looked , to busy to do them all tonight.

What do you think? They are for both aesthetics and utility. My offset pushes mud up the fender quite a bit.

One side with a flare one side without for comparison

Attachments

• IMG_0264.jpg
    IMG_0264.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_0263.jpg
    IMG_0263.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 167

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Looks good to me

Csanders1992

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have never been a fender flare person, just don't like the look. That's my opinion. Although I completely understand stuff being slung up the side. I say if you have to have them at least color match them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigdaddycodes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
not a fan personally... if you are going to install them though make sure to 3m underneath them where they touch your paint or after time they will rub a perfect ring into your paint.. ask me how I know

OP
OP
yillbs

yillbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have never been a fender flare person, just don't like the look. That's my opinion. Although I completely understand stuff being slung up the side. I say if you have to have them at least color match them

They are purposely Matte, the bumper ( front and back, and grille ) are all going matte this weekend. However, I'm not digging the way they look either :\ was hoping everyone would love them and help me justify keeping them lol...

OP
OP
yillbs

yillbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
not a fan personally... if you are going to install them though make sure to 3m underneath them where they touch your paint or after time they will rub a perfect ring into your paint.. ask me how I know

I assumed the rubber gaskets would help against that. Did yours leave a ring with the rubber around the edges of the flares? If so, i'm already on the fence, I don't want to risk it and will just send 'em back.

12sportmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Not a huge fan of the simulated bolt look Maybe some smooth ones would be perfect. If your teetering on the fence I'd send them back lol.

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't likem....but i don't hate'm either. Lol

Guess it depends on what day it is.

lonestar21

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They look good on your truck

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I like them on your truck.

OP
OP
yillbs

yillbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks Homies!

MaizeNBlue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They look awful, terrible, hideous. ..wanna sell them?? Just kidding of course , I have a black truck, and just put slightly wider tires on, and it's already getting to me, I'm planning to get new wheels sometime soon, and the offset will push the tires out further. So I will be in the same boat as you soon, not a fan of them, may have to get them anyways.

OP
OP
yillbs

yillbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
They look awful, terrible, hideous. ..wanna sell them?? Just kidding of course , I have a black truck, and just put slightly wider tires on, and it's already getting to me, I'm planning to get new wheels sometime soon, and the offset will push the tires out further. So I will be in the same boat as you soon, not a fan of them, may have to get them anyways.

they came in matte, but since i'm doing the chrome in matte to, I had them re-painted in matte. I can easily get them done factory color, I was just kind of kidding the matte touches. I have all new badges going on too, they are matte with hints of red, so i'm going for a black / matte / red theme. The problem is, it looks "okay", but from a straight asthetics point of view, they aren't amazing, but from a utility point of view, i'm thinking it'll be helpful. The flares were 399, plus paint.and likely paint again. I guess I'll put them all on, and see how it looks for a few days :puke:

reek

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 CC 4x4, 72 D100, 73 D100, 01 RAM 2500 field truck
Engine
6.4 Hemi
never been a fan of pocket flares but don't look too bad in your application.

I'm partial to this:

Attachments

• ramflares_front.jpg
    ramflares_front.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 99

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
i also don't like the look of the pocket flares,or any for that matter.i need them as well but i just can't do it.not even the oem style.no offence.

Ferro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I say keep them off. Truck looks much better without them. I like the nice clean look.

iaram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looks great!. I was on the fence, but I'm gonna get the bushwackers. My tires stick out about to inches and sling stuff allover.

Bigdaddycodes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I assumed the rubber gaskets would help against that. Did yours leave a ring with the rubber around the edges of the flares? If so, i'm already on the fence, I don't want to risk it and will just send 'em back.

Mine were the bushwackers and even with the rubber ring they wore through, ill try and find a picture of how bad it was, but they only attach to the underside of the fender, where they touch the body they are just sitting there and vibrate and move slightly and overtime will wear through the paint, not to mention they keep any dirt and debris under the flares and have to take them off every once in a while to clean under and prevent rust.. id rather take a few rock chips than have to deal with the flares again.