OPT7 & 6" Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone running the fluxbeam x in their quads with a 6" lift? My main concern is for those on the receiving end, regardless if they are aimed properly. I have also read some complaints about scatter and not sure what the fix is if I run in to that issue. I want something brighter and even more so, want something aesthetically pleasing.

I'm not interested in buying new assemblies right now as I just bought these black quads to replace my projectors. I loved the projectors and they looked great, but the brand I had could not be aimed. So, I just want to run these quads for the next year until I'm ready to put some decent cash down on a higher end setup.

Thanks in advance for any feedback on your experiences.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OPT7 & 6" Lift

I ran opt7x in my truck not lifted and didn’t care for them. Had radio issues plus When it was foggy I couldn’t see with them. I’m running Sylvania zxe bulbs. They are a cross bi halogen zenon type lamp and they are decent for halogens. I like them. Debating on gtr gen 3 as they seem to be a little better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

firebuff17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you have your quads properly adjusted (vertically) with the halogens than running the LED will be properly adjusted also.
If you are currently out of adjustment than they need to be adjusted regardless if your running halogen or LED.
Here is a video on adjusting your headlights. Yes they are using projectors that produce very clear cut offs. But you can use the same principles for quads. The quads still have the little circle on the center of the light for measuring.

https://youtu.be/NNAfM4ymMsU

https://youtu.be/03fHzDEHVV4

OP
OP
MarshRam

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I ran opt7x in my truck not lifted and didn’t care for them. Had radio issues plus When it was foggy I couldn’t see with them. I’m running Sylvania zxe bulbs. They are a cross bi halogen zenon type lamp and they are decent for halogens. I like them. Debating on gtr gen 3 as they seem to be a little better.

Well, really looking for info on a 6" lift to see if anyone is getting flashed. However, really glad you brought up the fog issue. That would be a huge problem if I can't use them in the fog, it can get real bad in a couple places I commonly drive.

My goal here is not necessarily brighter light for sight, but more for aesthetics. I can see fine with my stocks in town and if I am out in the dark back roads I can just flip my lightbar on. I would like a crisp white or blue output, but blue options are limited and too many complaints on longevity.

OP
OP
MarshRam

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you have your quads properly adjusted (vertically) with the halogens than running the LED will be properly adjusted also.
If you are currently out of adjustment than they need to be adjusted regardless if your running halogen or LED.
Here is a video on adjusting your headlights. Yes they are using projectors that produce very clear cut offs. But you can use the same principles for quads. The quads still have the little circle on the center of the light for measuring.

https://youtu.be/NNAfM4ymMsU

https://youtu.be/03fHzDEHVV4

Thanks, I'm good with adjusting them and already did so with this set. Even after properly adjusted, I still have to wonder if the 6" lift will blind the on comer. I am not getting flashed now, but those fluxbeam x are no doubt incredibly brighter than these stocks.

firebuff17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You may have to slightly adjust but you should be good to go if your not getting flashed now.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I worry about blinding people with HID too, I don’t get flashed and mine are adjusted exactly where I want them. However it’s a problem at stop lights, drive thru etc.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, really looking for info on a 6" lift to see if anyone is getting flashed. However, really glad you brought up the fog issue. That would be a huge problem if I can't use them in the fog, it can get real bad in a couple places I commonly drive.

My goal here is not necessarily brighter light for sight, but more for aesthetics. I can see fine with my stocks in town and if I am out in the dark back roads I can just flip my lightbar on. I would like a crisp white or blue output, but blue options are limited and too many complaints on longevity.

I don’t see how a 6” lift should cause people to flash you if the lights are adjusted properly. Lowered cars flash me and my truck only has a level and I even readjusted my lights to what they were before the level. I was giving you a second option as all my interior and exterior lights are 6000k led except for the headlights and I’m running the zxe as they are the whitest halogen bulb you can get probably abround 4500k. And am looking at the gtr leds since I’ve seen a lot better reviews about those and they’re only about $60 more I think

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedFlameRam