Opt7 LED light issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Colive18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
New here, but have been reading for a while. About a month ago, After reading multiple posts recommending the OPT7 LED lights, I purchased the Fluxbeam X headlights and Fluxbeam fog light kits for my 2017 Sport. Install was easy, and after reaiming the lights, I was happy.

About a week later, one of the fog lights developed a flash in one of the LEDs. I contacted them, and a few days later, I had a new bulb and driver for that side. Excellent service, and taken care of quickly. Fixed the issues. Now 2 weeks later, the opposite side has developed he same issue. Frustrating to pay $90 for a set of light bulbs, and can't even get them to last a month.

I haven't had any issues with the headlights, but I'm thinking about pulling those and finding something that will actually hold up.

Just wanted to post my experience with these bulbs, and go against the grain and not recommend these bulbs.

What other bulbs would you recommend? I've looked at the XenonDepot bulbs. I want to stay away from HID though.

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Others have recommended against these too.

Why staying away from HID?

Trapinator

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
New here, but have been reading for a while. About a month ago, After reading multiple posts recommending the OPT7 LED lights, I purchased the Fluxbeam X headlights and Fluxbeam fog light kits for my 2017 Sport. Install was easy, and after reaiming the lights, I was happy.

About a week later, one of the fog lights developed a flash in one of the LEDs. I contacted them, and a few days later, I had a new bulb and driver for that side. Excellent service, and taken care of quickly. Fixed the issues. Now 2 weeks later, the opposite side has developed he same issue. Frustrating to pay $90 for a set of light bulbs, and can't even get them to last a month.

I haven't had any issues with the headlights, but I'm thinking about pulling those and finding something that will actually hold up.

Just wanted to post my experience with these bulbs, and go against the grain and not recommend these bulbs.

What other bulbs would you recommend? I've looked at the XenonDepot bulbs. I want to stay away from HID though.
Check out Diode Dynamics

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm sorry you purchased opt7 and which you would have saw my thread before buying them. OPT7 is actually one of the worst options you can buy for your truck. They actually produce less lumens than stock halogen. They are complete garbage.

My recommendation, trash the opt 7 get GTR Gen 3 LED and modify your dust cover to fit them. If you don't want to modify your dust cover go with supernova which is the next best option.

Always remember also reflective housing = LED. Projector housing = HID

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fordtech90

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm sorry you purchased opt7 and which you would have saw my thread before buying them. OPT7 is actually one of the worst options you can buy for your truck. They actually produce less lumens than stock halogen. They are complete garbage.

My recommendation, trash the opt 7 get GTR Gen 3 LED and modify your dust cover to fit them. If you don't want to modify your dust cover go with supernova which is the next best option.

So your saying if I have the regular quad beam headlights to go LED to gain brightness?

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So your saying if I have the regular quad beam headlights to go LED to gain brightness?

Yes but it's a little more technical than that. Said simply, A good LED bulb closely resembles stock beam pattern if not slightly better and also should produce more lumens and Keeping the light more usable. (This is why the leds are pointed sideways) the leds have to be pointed perfectly and sit in the housing perfectly to resemble stock. OPT7 does a terrible job of this and even produces less lumens than stock. You can't just trust any light bulb. Lighting is actually very complex and different brand bulbs might work better in diffferent style housings on different makes and models.

HIDS are basically just bulbs that throw light all over the place. The projectors are what control that light and focus and project it forward instead of up down forward and side to side like a reflective housing. This is what causes hids to blind the hell out of people in reflective housing.

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi

How do you get the claim of less lumens than the stock halogens? I've read the other post against OPT7, but still never figured out where that claim came from. From the video?

I know everyone's experience is different, but for me, the OPT7 bulbs were much brighter and project light much farther than what the stock bulbs did in my truck. I've been extremely happy with them, and yes, would recommend them if asked. Are there other bulbs that are better? I'm sure there are some out there. Just because they didn't work for you, doesn't mean they won't work for someone else.

It's kind of like the ongoing K&N filter argument... some say they suck, some say they are the best thing ever. Nobody will actually ever agree one way or the other. Everyone has their opinion and will try and sway others to agree. Hell, we're still hearing about the presidential election. It'll never end.

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How do you get the claim of less lumens than the stock halogens? I've read the other post against OPT7, but still never figured out where that claim came from. From the video?

I know everyone's experience is different, but for me, the OPT7 bulbs were much brighter and project light much farther than what the stock bulbs did in my truck. I've been extremely happy with them, and yes, would recommend them if asked. Are there other bulbs that are better? I'm sure there are some out there. Just because they didn't work for you, doesn't mean they won't work for someone else.

It's kind of like the ongoing K&N filter argument... some say they suck, some say they are the best thing ever. Nobody will actually ever agree one way or the other. Everyone has their opinion and will try and sway others to agree. Hell, we're still hearing about the presidential election. It'll never end.

Headlight revolution recently did a video on a bunch of different LED brands and used a meter to measure the light output and see if they produced what the manufacturer claimed. Opt 7 was the worst they tested and was less lumens than they claimed and less lumens than halogen.