Opt 7 Lamp Out Message

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamRod13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey guys,

I installed Opt 7 Flux Beam X LEDs in the low beams of my 2013 over the weekend. Have to say I am loving the light output of these versus the stock halogens. I am getting a lamp out message for the passenger side though. The message comes up 1-2 minutes after the truck is running and quickly disappears, not sure if it should stay up or not. Should I be concerned about this since everything appears to be working fine? I used all the adapters and capacitors that were sent with the lights. Any thoughts?

As a side note, part of my reason for doing this upgrade was because I was getting my moisture in my passenger headlight. I took the light out, let it air out, and resealed it hoping the moisture would stay out. Two days later I already have condensation inside the housing again. Looks like I will need to buy a replacement housing.

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Hey guys,

I installed Opt 7 Flux Beam X LEDs in the low beams of my 2013 over the weekend. Have to say I am loving the light output of these versus the stock halogens. I am getting a lamp out message for the passenger side though. The message comes up 1-2 minutes after the truck is running and quickly disappears, not sure if it should stay up or not. Should I be concerned about this since everything appears to be working fine? I used all the adapters and capacitors that were sent with the lights. Any thoughts?

As a side note, part of my reason for doing this upgrade was because I was getting my moisture in my passenger headlight. I took the light out, let it air out, and resealed it hoping the moisture would stay out. Two days later I already have condensation inside the housing again. Looks like I will need to buy a replacement housing.
If your looking for new headlight housings im selling my custom built black housing quads [emoji16] [emoji16] [emoji16]

I have the same led bulbs and I was going to install them in my Quad headlights low beams but I'm now selling the Quad headlights so I'm selling the bulbs aswell. If I wasn't selling everything I'd put mine in and see if I get the same error. You could always try flipping the Polarity on the capacitors. Maybe that would work.

Sent from hell via TapATalk

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Oh also you could have a bad Capacitor on the passenger side. Try swapping the driverside Capacitor with the passenger side and see if the problem follows it. If it still shows bulb out light for passenger side, try swapping the drivers and if that doesn't do anything try swapping the bulbs.

Basically swap each part of the harness/setup between each side and see if switching any of them moves the problem. If it does, then whatever part you switched is bad/not working.

Good luck and be sure to post up what the problem was if you figure it out.

OP
OP
R

RamRod13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I don't think I would have had the adapters flipped since they have numbered connections. But, I suppose they could have been wrong when they were sent to me.

Good thought on swapping the capacitors. I'll try that when I replace the housing. I'm guessing there is no issue with leaving it the way it is for now?

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I don't think I would have had the adapters flipped since they have numbered connections. But, I suppose they could have been wrong when they were sent to me.

Good thought on swapping the capacitors. I'll try that when I replace the housing. I'm guessing there is no issue with leaving it the way it is for now?
No you should be fine leaving it how it is for now.

As for swapping the connection, what I mean is when you are connecting the ECM Capacitor to your trucks STOCK bulb plug, the Capacitor can actually be plugged in 2 ways, if you look at the plug on the capacitor that plugs into your trucks plug, both sides of the plug on the Capacitor have the little "notches" to lock in the trucks plug. This is because some vehicles have the power/ground flipped so it requires some people to have to "flip the polarity" and reverse the plug to make it work on their truck.

Start by doing this:

Take out the Capacitor on both headlights. Look at where it plugs into your trucks oem headlight plug (the plug that went to your stock Halogen bulb).

Like i said, both sides of the plug will have the little "locking notches". One side has the notch closest to the end of the plug, if you flip the plug, the other sides notch is closest to the wiring end of the plug.

Make sure BOTH of your Capacitors are plugged in with the notch that is closest to the plugs opening (not the side with the notch closest to the wiring).

If any of the plugs were backwards, fix them so they match on both sides. If this does not fix your problem take them back out and flip them. Try again. If this does not solve your problem try switching the capacitors from Driver to passenger side and see if the problem follows the capacitor.

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
8afde24ffb1c8524c20fc8963277000f.jpg

The white arrow points to the side of the plug that should be facing "up" when you plug it into your trucks bulb plug. Make sure that's the "notch" that locks into your trucks plug.

If both of your Capacitors are plugged in that way, flip them. If you look at the above picture where I drew the red arrow, there is a "notch" there aswell. This is so you can flip the plug and it will still "lock" into your stock trucks plug.

Basically one way runs the red/black wires a certain way. If you flip the plug and use the locking notch on the other side, it ends up flipping the red/black wires aka flipping/reversing the polarity.

Here is a picture of the Opt7 Capacitor box, notice it says "Polarity Flip Adapters". They make them this way because some trucks oem headlight plug has the red/black power ground wires flipped the opposite way and requires you to reverse the plug.

c3df2081a53b234463d4ca28f5a1b284.jpg

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I tried my best to draw up what flipping the plug will do.

I'm on my phone so I'm limited to how well I can draw with my finger lol. But you should be able to understand what I mean by this image.

01b5057996eabc151629f3298890d4aa.jpg