ordering tires/wheel package online

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VB712

Maxi_built
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have bought several packages from RimzOne. Smooth each time.

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
I just bought from custom offsets. PROS: Got a good package price for what I wanted, website is very informative with truck looks/stances and fitment. Quick to answer my emails. CONS: Shipping company they use SUCKS! My wheels literally sat on one of their docks for 3 days before it moved. You pretty much have to be home all day to expect the delivery bc it arrives in a tractor trailer or go to their local terminal for pickup. Also they use cheap balance weights, had one fall off when I had them in my bed. So I'm going to end up having them re-balanced for peice of mind

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

ColdCase

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Over the years I've ordered several packages from both discounttiredirect and tirerack and all went smooth. They use UPS to deliver. One package from discounttire had the wrong TPMS sensors in them, and they quickly made it right (refunded me the cost of replacing them).

Recently I found that the local tire shop can match price and product pretty close, however. Years ago that wasn't the case.

OP
OP
JB1

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just bought from custom offsets. PROS: Got a good package price for what I wanted, website is very informative with truck looks/stances and fitment. Quick to answer my emails. CONS: Shipping company they use SUCKS! My wheels literally sat on one of their docks for 3 days before it moved. You pretty much have to be home all day to expect the delivery bc it arrives in a tractor trailer or go to their local terminal for pickup. Also they use cheap balance weights, had one fall off when I had them in my bed. So I'm going to end up having them re-balanced for peice of mind

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Ok thanks for letting me know

Thanks guys I might just try and see the if my DT locally can come close to the online prices

Forcepro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Over the years I've ordered several packages from both discounttiredirect and tirerack and all went smooth. They use UPS to deliver. One package from discounttire had the wrong TPMS sensors in them, and they quickly made it right (refunded me the cost of replacing them).

Recently I found that the local tire shop can match price and product pretty close, however. Years ago that wasn't the case.

Yup, I have a local shop here that I've bought 4 sets of wheels and 3 sets of tires from, they match or beat anything I show them online.

Curlyp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have not ordered from them, but several folks here have. Good reviews from what I heard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mandavdle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you are buying winter packages (tires plus rims) and changing out yourself, then Tirerack is a good deal. If you are using a local guy to switch tires each season on stock rims then may be cheaper to use a local shop (and pay more at the outset) who will usually provide free tire exchanges, balances etc down the road.

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok thanks for letting me know

Thanks guys I might just try and see the if my DT locally can come close to the online prices

I know my local DT said they would match online prices from most competitors.... they've always taken good care of me as a customer.

WiSH2oo0

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4wd RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had Discount Tire price match Custom Wheel Offset. They even matched the price with taxes already included and free balance and rotations.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
We sell wheel and tire packages as well. if you let me know what your looking for I can put something together for you.

swh822

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I just ordered from custom offsets..
1 - the wheel accessories I was getting had to be delivered 3 times cause they sent me the wrong accessories..
2- my rims and tires were at the shipping company dock last Thursday and I get a call they have to be shipped back because of a wrong part , which they did not specify..
They just called me 10 minutes ago and said we will be delivering the rims and tires Friday 8/18 between 9 am and 4pm....
I'm hoping there is no issues on friday

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Road King

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Bought my wheels with tires balanced and mounted from Custom Offset.

The shipping company actually called me when the shipment hit their distribution center to schedule the delivery, but caller ID on my phone pegged them about 20 minutes from my house, so I just asked if I could come pick them up. No prob... 30 min later I had my wheels... hour later they were mounted, heh.

Other than that, the only complaint I could think of was they didn't air up the tires to full 80 psi (just 45 psi). But no biggie - I have a compressor.

I wouldn't hesitate to order the same from them again. Much cheaper than local.

swh822

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Got my delivery Friday from custom offsets, 3 out of the 4 rims had the wheel weight off and laying on the pallet..

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

BEAST19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bought my wheels with tires balanced and mounted from Custom Offset.

The shipping company actually called me when the shipment hit their distribution center to schedule the delivery, but caller ID on my phone pegged them about 20 minutes from my house, so I just asked if I could come pick them up. No prob... 30 min later I had my wheels... hour later they were mounted, heh.

Other than that, the only complaint I could think of was they didn't air up the tires to full 80 psi (just 45 psi). But no biggie - I have a compressor.

I wouldn't hesitate to order the same from them again. Much cheaper than local.

I'm only asking because I honestly don't know... new to big rims and tires ... do you run ur tires at psi rating on sidewall or psi on truck??? I have 33"x12.5" nitto terra grappler g2s and run them at about 45 ? That's what the dealerships say to use ... any explanation would be appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Itsme71190

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just got mine from sdtw. Very smooth. Paid under 2k.

Attachments

• 20170624_133312.jpg
    20170624_133312.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 36