OUCH! Just wrecked my Ram side right corner...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pmaru77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Was parked next to a fire hydrant that was protected by two steel poles. Straight pull in parking and the hydrant was about 10 ft from the curb. So when I got in the truck to leave, I forgot that I parked next to it. Pulling out, I turned left coming out and bam, the front right quarter panes buckles and the door has a nice dent in it. Looks like a new fender is in order and the door can be body shopped. The fender buckles like it was made out of paper. So the question to anyone out there, I looked for a fender on Ebay and there is no shortage of them. From under 100 bucks up to over 500 bucks, unpainted of course. anyone out there know if these fenders are worth getting?

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
Never go wrong with rock auto or quirkparts. Sorry about the accident. Been there a few times!

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'll second rockauto along with autopartswarehouse.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Those post are referred to as " Ballards" they are there to keep u from hitting the expensive stuff lol- if my fenders get messed up I'm going fiberglass pre runner :)

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Those post are referred to as " Ballards" they are there to keep u from hitting the expensive stuff lol- if my fenders get messed up I'm going fiberglass pre runner :)
Bollard (per Wiki)
A bollard is a sturdy, short, vertical post. Although it originally described a post on a pier or quay used for mooring ships, today the word is used, primarily to describe posts installed to control road traffic, protect items from collision (like fire hydrants and electrical boxes) and prevent vehicle ramming attacks on buildings.

Sorry, old Navy dog, couldn't let that one go by and sorry to hear about the OP's RAM. :cheers:

Last edited:

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lol no worries, one of my guys at work went to turn around in some " weeds and found one... they can deffinetly mess stuff up.