outdoor car cover.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cecil_

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 SLT
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Hi all as the title says I'm looking for openions on car covers. My truck only gets drove on weekends due to work, it sits outside and am intrested in learning more about outdoor car covers.

thanks

cecil_

OP
OP
Cecil_

Cecil_

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 SLT
Engine
5.7 HEMI
any word on weatherfit car covers? they have one that was 650$ on sale for 160 shipped.

Last edited:

H1Chester

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I am sure you know, but be very careful with car covers. If not done right they can destroy your paint.

OP
OP
Cecil_

Cecil_

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 SLT
Engine
5.7 HEMI
How so??? i have had very little experience with outdoor car covers. The only experience I have with car covers is the indoor type. I would always wash and dry the car then cover it.

wiggy999

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am sure you know, but be very careful with car covers. If not done right they can destroy your paint.

Agree. I won't likely ever cover an outside vehicle again. I used a brand name "breathable" cover on my winter car ( I have a lot of pine trees, so the sap is a big problem). After a couple of months, I peeled it off and couldn't believe the corrosion under the hood - everything was caked. I bought a portable "Garage in a box" thingy instead - costs more but it's great. You can't install those in certain townships because of bylaws though.

H1Chester

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Exactly what wiggy said. If there is any wind, rain, or dust, they can actually trap dirt and elements between the fabric and your paint. Possibly making the cover stick to your paint, and any dirt and containments basically acting like sandpaper.

develand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
As others have said, I would pass on the cover. If your truck is not spotless and the cover isn't totally secure you will do more harm then good.