paint matched my mirrors (with vinyl)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I would explain how I did it myself but I just found this video that saves me the time of explaining it lol. Only thing is I took the mirror cap portion off of the truck. There was a thread about how to remove the mirror glass somewhere. It's not too hard you basically put the mirror to full down position and then I used a long flathead screwdriver and you will see two sort of retaining type pressure clips and I pushed it while holding the mirror still and slightly pulling outwards. Once you pop the two clips off you then reverse and raise the mirror all the way up and you can jimmy the lower position clips lose then three t20 screws and you can separate all the mirror parts but the guts
You added a few unnecessary steps. You just pull down on the mirror in the down pos, clips pop out... Once its down, pull outwards.. Dont need any tools for the mirror removal, only for the cover.

IMO

OP
OP
J

JExpress14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You added a few unnecessary steps. You just pull down on the mirror in the down pos, clips pop out... Once its down, pull outwards.. Dont need any tools for the mirror removal, only for the cover.

IMO

Yea I tried to just pull down it was pulling the gyroscoping housing apart and was gonna break the mirror mount lol. So I had to use a screwdriver.

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
It's kinda like silly puddy. If you pull it apart slow and easy, it stretches 3 foot. Pull it apart quickly with a purpose, it breaks in half.

Same thing usually applies with most auto parts and plastic.

(Skip to 3:10)
https://youtu.be/8fBv_Uk-BIg

Don't always have to be so gentle :)

IMO

Last edited: