Paint or vinyl wrap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RDHemi16

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I want to get rid of some of the chrome on my Delmonico Red Ram Bighorn. I have seen bumpers vinyl wrapped black and white and although they are not perfect they are pretty close. Has anyone tried to vinyl match Delmonico red? Does anyone think I could get a close match or do I have to paint the bumpers? Also if you know how the wrap will hold up on chrome. I hear mixed reviews on paint staying on chrome. Any advice is welcome. Thanks.

brianw0048

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
you can order samples on metrorestyling.com for $1. Order some and see what matches best.

I can't help with painting chrome. I intend on doing the same thing with my granite crystal but I'm probably gonna use plastidip for several reasons.

Chisox

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had my bumpers wrapped in December on my outdoorsman, so far so good, NO ISSUES. Made it through winter without a scratch, I'm sure it is possible to color match however it works pretty well with black.

PSNPSI.jpg

2012Lamarie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I want to get rid of some of the chrome on my Delmonico Red Ram Bighorn. I have seen bumpers vinyl wrapped black and white and although they are not perfect they are pretty close. Has anyone tried to vinyl match Delmonico red? Does anyone think I could get a close match or do I have to paint the bumpers? Also if you know how the wrap will hold up on chrome. I hear mixed reviews on paint staying on chrome. Any advice is welcome. Thanks.

If you are going to stick with a color paint them. If you aren't sure, wrap them. The wrap will only last a couple of years if that before you need to take it off and do it again. Wrap will hold up on anything basically but it deteriorates and will get brittle basically. My buddy owns a wrap shop and talked me out of wrapping my truck as I would have to do it again in a couple of years.

T_Why

Reaction score
Ram Year
looking to buy
Engine
hemi
I have way too much chrome on my Big horn also i was thinking about wrapping. Now im reconsidering it after see this. I have the delmonico red pearlcoat. How will i go about changing this

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk