Peragon Tonneau Cover Opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gustheram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Anyone had any recent experience with Peragon tonneau covers? I resisted the bed cover for a while but I've got a kid on the way now and I figure having a bed cover is a good move so I can throw strollers and such in the bed without having to worry about them getting soaked or stollen. I don't like the way covers like Bak fold over the back window and I don't like losing a foot of bed space to the canister type rollups. I had a vinyl snap down on my last truck and I hated it. I was considering a Bak Revolver but my wife says it looks like ass and I can't buy it lol. So I was going to deal with the loss of bed space and put a Retrax Pro MX on but then I stumbled across the Peragon cover. Not only do I not have a canister or have the rear window covered, it's substantially cheaper than Retrax. I saw a lot of initial negative reviews but it seems a few years ago they did a redesign to alleviate a lot of the complaints and the reviews I can find since then have been positive. So now I ask you good folks, any of you running a Peragon cover? How has it been? Any quality issues? Any water intrusion? I know it won't be completely water proof, but 99% is good enough. I'm also aware of challenges with opening the cover if anything is at the front of the bed. I can live with that since I'll probably only have the cover open a few times a year. I also know it will get hot being black aluminum in the FL sun. I keep gloves in the truck anyway so that's not a huge concern for me.

Side note, I was reading a thread on the F150 forum I found through Google about the cover and I saw a lot of mention of forum member discounts in that thread. Anyone know if they do a similar discount for RamForum? I don't see them listed under the Vendors but that does't necessarily mean anything.

MbMav

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have installed several Peragon covers on some of my friends F150s and they are ok. They seemed like a pain to open and close but they were brand new so that may have gotten better over time. I think overall they are satisfied but they do leak some water according to them. Also having the seams between the panels creates another area for water to get in. Another downside to the peragon (for the F150 anyways) is that it requires you to drill holes in the bed for installation.

I personally just installed a bak revolver X2 on my Ram and love it. It is very easy to roll up and back down and looks great when closed. Very low profile. Also the design allows you to open and close the tailgate without opening the cover.

OP
OP
G

gustheram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I was definitely worried about the seams being a place for water intrusion. They've introduced a clamp system now so no drilling is required. It would have been a hard no if there was drilling required. I can't bring myself to do that. I have seen the comments that the Peragon covers are difficult to open but I figured I could probably live with that for only opening it a few times a year.

I really like the Revlover X2 so maybe I'll see if I can find a place locally that has a display and get the wife to look at it in person. I'm not totally thrilled with the vinyl cover part, I feel like that would break down over time, which is why I really like the solid aluminum covers, but the design of the Revovler has had me interested since it was called RollX. Do you happen to have any pictures of the X2 on your Ram?

Thanks for the feedback!

DailyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Peragon was at the top of my list until i started thinking about the mechanics of it. First, it folds into the bed, so you have to account for that clearance. Second is water, and not from the seams when closed, but when you open it. If you've had rain, and water is sitting on top and you open it, all of that water is going to go down into your bed.
I went with an Undercover Flex and haven't regretted it at all. Very functional, easy install, no drilling, and it will hold up better than painted aluminum. I worried about dents with the Peragon and the standard finish has given some people issues from the research i did.

MbMav

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was definitely worried about the seams being a place for water intrusion. They've introduced a clamp system now so no drilling is required. It would have been a hard no if there was drilling required. I can't bring myself to do that. I have seen the comments that the Peragon covers are difficult to open but I figured I could probably live with that for only opening it a few times a year.

I really like the Revlover X2 so maybe I'll see if I can find a place locally that has a display and get the wife to look at it in person. I'm not totally thrilled with the vinyl cover part, I feel like that would break down over time, which is why I really like the solid aluminum covers, but the design of the Revovler has had me interested since it was called RollX. Do you happen to have any pictures of the X2 on your Ram?

Thanks for the feedback!

I dont think I have any pictures of it on there. Its kind of crappy weather now but if it clears up I will try and get some. Also another thing about the Peragon is if anything gets in between those panels when they get folded it has the potential to damage the cover.

The vinyl part doesnt bother me too bad. As long as its cared for I wouldnt anticipate any problems. I had a soft vinyl cover on my last truck for 13 years and still looked great when i sold it.

wsutard1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque
I had a paragon for about a year. I got rid of it and and switched to an extant Sid fold 2.0. Two reasons for this. 1. Getting the paragon to fold down sucked. You basically have to press in on the seam of the last panel to make it fold down. Pressing in flexed the panels and I didn't like that. I am an extremely tall individual so I could get pressure on middle of the seam but everyone else had to press towards the bed side and it didn't work very well. My wife refused to even do it.

Second reason, it leaked right where the seams meet the rail. The leaks drip on the wheel wells and roll forwards or back. It won't get stuff sitting in the middle wet but once I didn't have a soggy back of groceries.

Third, locking it up all the time sucks. Yes, it's a single key, but it's another key. Sometimes you forget it's locked. Sometimes you forget to lock it.

Fourth, taking the panels out and putting them back in is t hard but it isn't fun.

Fifth, the rails and mounts take up space and restricted what I could put in the bed. Twice I needed the extra inch of width.

Finally, the solid fOld solved all these for me. Yes, it airs on top of the bed but it looks fine.

Hope this helps.

OP
OP
G

gustheram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I had a paragon for about a year. I got rid of it and and switched to an extant Sid fold 2.0. Two reasons for this. 1. Getting the paragon to fold down sucked. You basically have to press in on the seam of the last panel to make it fold down. Pressing in flexed the panels and I didn't like that. I am an extremely tall individual so I could get pressure on middle of the seam but everyone else had to press towards the bed side and it didn't work very well. My wife refused to even do it.

Second reason, it leaked right where the seams meet the rail. The leaks drip on the wheel wells and roll forwards or back. It won't get stuff sitting in the middle wet but once I didn't have a soggy back of groceries.

Third, locking it up all the time sucks. Yes, it's a single key, but it's another key. Sometimes you forget it's locked. Sometimes you forget to lock it.

Fourth, taking the panels out and putting them back in is t hard but it isn't fun.

Fifth, the rails and mounts take up space and restricted what I could put in the bed. Twice I needed the extra inch of width.

Finally, the solid fOld solved all these for me. Yes, it airs on top of the bed but it looks fine.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your experience. After hearing a few more reports of leaking and difficulty opening, I think I've decided I'm going with a Revolver X2. Plus I can get the Revolver cheaper than the Peragon through a vendor here.