Plasti-dip or new badges

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

robcope

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So far I have replaced the HEMI badges and Ram heads with the Mopar black ones.

I know, I will never be able to line up the RAM 1500 letters and numbers correctly if I replace them. I can buy the badges and have them replaced for under $100.00 or I can simply tape them off and plasti-dip them.

Suggestions welcome.

Rob

Dbush36

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Plastic dip just doesn’t last.... replace for sure imo. The letters and numbers are stuck to a cover sheet to help line them up I think.
Just stick them on all together still on cover sheet and then peel cover away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slorammy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Plastic dip just doesn’t last.... replace for sure imo. The letters and numbers are stuck to a cover sheet to help line them up I think.

I beg to differ. I plasti dipped my raptor's badges and wheels and just dipped my rams as well. I've had great luck with them and it holds up year round, through power washes ect. You just need to take your time, do your research and do it right.

Attachments

• IMG_0213.jpg
    IMG_0213.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0862.jpg
    IMG_0862.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0870.jpg
    IMG_0870.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_3614.jpg
    IMG_3614.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0118 2.jpg
    IMG_0118 2.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 42

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Plasti-dip works great, my whole grill is dipped and after a year there are only 2 or 3 stone chips, but what do you expect from it getting hit with a rock or something.

H1Chester

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I beg to differ. I plasti dipped my raptor's badges and wheels and just dipped my rams as well. I've had great luck with them and it holds up year round, through power washes ect. You just need to take your time, do your research and do it right.

Agreed.

To the OP you can probably do an actual badge replacement and still get it very close to where the original ones were. You could use some blue painters tape to mark off the old badge before you take it off and to line up where the new badge needs to go.

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So far I have replaced the HEMI badges and Ram heads with the Mopar black ones.

I know, I will never be able to line up the RAM 1500 letters and numbers correctly if I replace them. I can buy the badges and have them replaced for under $100.00 or I can simply tape them off and plasti-dip them.

Suggestions welcome.

Rob

I did plastidp on all my badges and after a year they are just fine. However, I would personally want all my badges to match and if I were in your position, I would be buying those last badges I need!

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yea...my badges were dipped for over a year and held up just fine. My grill has been dipped probably a couple years now.

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Come to think of it, maybe consider not sporting the RAM 1500 badge, I've been considering removing mine.

Rampaige

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’m definitely anti-chrome.......All my badges, grill, front & back bumpers have been plasti-dipped for over a year now and still holding up well. Like others have said, take your time and do it right and it will hold up a long time IMO.

Wahrsuul

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If I was going to swap the letters, I'd go with decals instead of the raised letters. They're not as hard to clean around and don't hold water for dripping down later.

That said, mine were dipped by a PO, and still look decent.

DonkeyFluffer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Plasti-Dip has lasted over 5 years on my 5Runner. Try it, you literally have nothing to lose

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

rotwiler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC Outdoorsman
Engine
I am getting ready to replace/remove the emblems. I would say if you are keeping the RAM 1500 emblems, lining them up will be easy since you will still be able to see the outline of the stock ones unless you buff it good, then finding outline might be tough. I am getting the black front and rear ram head and not sure if getting the black Hemi 5.7 emblem or just doing the black/gray OEM Hemi only emblem on each side. I have a outdoorsman in true blue with mineral gray bumpers and around wheel wells and lower so the only chrome I have is the emblems and OEM side step that I can spray.

craigsez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I say replace BUT here is where you now can also makem a lil more customized by having them powder coated a different color or painted even...

RamAz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Plasti dip Is a great alternative to spending close to $100 on replacing.