Plastidip explained...for the naysayers.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Rzrman328

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Took a while but the plastidip topic got brought back up.....

Anyways....by accident I found a product that removes plastidip very easy.....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 90
OP
OP
Rzrman328

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Spray on area to be removed generously and allow to sit a few minutes.....then you can just wipe the old dip right off.

This was a wheel off my atv...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 87

fastbike02

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I played hell getting it off the truck I bought, I ended up having to use brake clean and a scrub bush to get it off my chrome grille! I wouldn't ever use it on any of my stuff personally.

OP
OP
Rzrman328

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Some members have had some questions about dip removal and I happen to be in the process of de-dipping my hhr. This was sprayed over three years ago with rattle can. As such, it was not applied on thick enough and removing it has been a PITA until I whipped out the dip desolver. Pics to follow....

I'm sure some of you have been here....comes off in little pieces...
image_zpsspmslpxu.jpg

Let the dissolver sit a few mins and let it work its magic....a pressure washer is recommended but that all varies on how thick or thin it was applied....(EDIT: the texture in this pic is after the dissolver was applied and had sat on it for a few minutes. It was smooth before the desolver was applied. Just to clear up some questions I've recieved.)
image_zpscicyepq9.jpg

Literally wiped off after a few minutes....
image_zps0nfmecxp.jpg

Anyways, just wanted to give some info for the ones who enjoy or experiment using plasti-dip :favorites13:

Last edited:

wiggy999

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I plasti-dipped the pillars on my SRT4. I didn't prep the area by removing all the glue taht was left behind when removing the original black tape and the small lumps still show through the dip. I also didn't put it on thick enough. But it;s $5 at Walmart in the U.S. ($27 for us lucky Canadians..Haa) and they sell a glossifier too.
I really should visit my car in storage and prep those pillars. My old RAM came with a rusty crusty back-rack. I'll be sanding, painting that and I'll plastidip the cross bars on that.

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
Can't believe this thread still has traction, I cheap out stuff, but I just can't see putting anything plastidip on my truck. I honestly think my fading clear coat looks better, but I guess to each their own, I just tossed out 10 cans of it yesterday.

OP
OP
Rzrman328

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
. I honestly think my fading clear coat looks better,

I just tossed out 10 cans of it yesterday.

Let's see a pic of that clear coat....we'll be the judge :naughty:

And I hope you didn't really throw out money....despite your thoughts on the dip...it's still worth money bud. Nxt time send it to me....I got people that pay to have stuff plasti dipped lol

RAMVT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Also Goo-Gone works like a charm to get rid of plasti dip. Spray on. Let it sit for a few minutes. Spray again and then hit it with power washer. Plasti dip is easy and cheap to add and get rid of.

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
Let's see a pic of that clear coat....we'll be the judge :naughty:

And I hope you didn't really throw out money....despite your thoughts on the dip...it's still worth money bud. Nxt time send it to me....I got people that pay to have stuff plasti dipped lol

Yup, I can use that shelf space for something else... like a loading station:naughty: That **** ain't worth paying shipping, wished I wouldn't have bought 2 cases of it. Like I said to each their own, I'll be watching your thread on the HHR (if you're not gonna post up a H2, then you should) and you may change my option on it... never know...