Please help source a bumper mounted light bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SVTADAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Maybe you guys on this forum may be able to provide some insight or direct me to some options i have not considered. I tried posting on another Ram form but have not had much input.

I have a 2014, 1500 Outdoorsman. Metal bumper with parking sensors. I want to install a front bar for a couple lights. As of right now I only want to mount 2 Hella 1000FFs. Maybe in the future I would consider installing another 2, but on my previous rig 2 of these lights were plenty.

Criteria for the bar:
-Utilize a factory hole or mounting point. I would rather not drill through my chrome bumper.
-I don't want light wobble as i drive down the road.
-It cant block the parking sensors. Wife drives the truck sometimes.
-Don't want it to stick too far out from the front of the truck so no bull bars ect.

I have done some searching and came up with a handful of options. Bars that I found that seem decent are:
Smittybuilt. On anther forum the bar was installed using the upper license plate holes. Block some front sensors.
SB120020.JPG

N-fab. Seems similar to the Smittybuilt. I cannot find good pics. Most seem to be on 2500s and use a different mounting system. One thread I found mentions you need to hog out the license plate holes to make it fit there or drill the bumper. Also seems to block some sensors.
SC012011-05-010259PM.gif

Westin Light Bar: Uses tow hook mounts. Doesn't fit the contour of the bumper. May interfere with the parking sensors. Kind of big and bulky looking.
DSCN0614.jpg

Carr LightWing. Light bar and license plate mount. Looks weak being made like cast aluminum and likely wobbles.
EMB_LWG_BGW_sm.jpg

Got any ideas of other manufacturers to consider? Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

-Adam

Last edited:

TRXHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had the Smittybilt. Unless you can secure it better from behind to make is solid, do NOT get this one. You will have some shake in it due to the flex in the bumper. I had 4 Hella 700s on mine. It looked cool, but was not very usable.

The Westin actually mounts to the bumper or the tow hook bracket or whatever, but is much more solid.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I have a NFab and it bolts right up to the tow hook holes. No drilling needed. You can even mount the tow hooks over the bar mounting plate.