poor control on highways

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stevens

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Dodge Ram sport 4x4 crew
Engine
hemi 5.7
going to bring my truck in tomorrow to a tire shop. i got horrible control on my truck at high speeds. it kinda wonders back and fourth....doesnt drive stright...also i have alot of play in my steering wheel.... i got 37"s with a 6" zone lift....but i dont recall my steering having this much play and poor control on roads...any ideas? i think i lost some stick weights...maybe its unbalanced...?

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
First thing that comes to mind is worn tie rod ends....but your ram is fairly new...hmmmm

Is there knocking noise on slow turns?

How is the wear on your tires? May be an alignment issue too....

OP
OP
stevens

stevens

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
none of that....it honestly feels like the damn winds are going to blow me off the road like its that bad. i almost barley feel attached to the road.

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have to think that running 37's with a 6" lift cant be helping you at higher speeds.

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
But your steering wheel feels loose?

Or....is the steering wheel tight and the truck feels loose/wobbly?

If you haven't already....crawl under that sum_itch and inspect everything before you drive any further. Disaster could be lurking.

Last edited:
OP
OP
stevens

stevens

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
my steering has lots of play. turning is fine no cracking or anything...just when im crusin it just feels like theres a massive wind storm and my truck just feels like it wants to wonder.....

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hmm, tie rods, horrible alignment, a tire way under or over pressure, popped a ball joint.

If its that bad get under there and do a visual. If you hit a bump is it making a lot more noise than usual. Something is wrong and can end badly.

OP
OP
stevens

stevens

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
yeah thanks guys im bringing my truck in a shop tomorow morning to check all my components.