Powder Coating suspension?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fergeson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anyone lifted their truck and powder coated any suspension parts? Was just looking for pics to see how they turned out

Litenyaup

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I powder coat the metal cups.... i.e. Yeti, or rtic and they turn out amazing! Extremely durable and can find some really bad ass colors!

OP
OP
F

Fergeson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bet the yetis do look pretty sweet, I'm looking to powder coat my sway bars, control arms, coil springs and skid plates for my lift when i get it

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sounds like it will look good, if you can see it and if you can keep it clean.
Jay

naumaa1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do it! Show trucks like to show off their vibrant colors if you want ideas, I'm more of a powdercoat black to keep surface rust off kind of guy

-B-

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
High heat PC is bad for springs they loos their temper yes show trucks do it but they do not really use their suspension , some manufacturers do PC the springs but they know what to do so as to not loose temper

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
I haven't done mine yet. Eventually I'd like to get some of it done. But last year my buddy did the majority of the underside of his truck. It's by no means an easy or cheap task but it sure does look amazing.

IMG_4399_zps8i0uxdm1.jpg
IMG_4380_zpse1ozycr4.jpg
IMG_4361_zps5hg1qjma.jpg
IMG_4346_zps59qnypq7.jpg

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Holy ****, I love that. I was going to say, the vibrant colors look really cool, specifically orange just like that, lime green, even purple if you are comfortable in your manhood. Stuff I don't prefer, yellow, anything close to pink, anything that clashes with the color of your truck, and the color can't be similar to the truck. Do you have more to add on the commitment your friend had? time and cost, did he have to take most of it apart? It is done so well, those pieces had to come off?

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
Holy ****, I love that. I was going to say, the vibrant colors look really cool, specifically orange just like that, lime green, even purple if you are comfortable in your manhood. Stuff I don't prefer, yellow, anything close to pink, anything that clashes with the color of your truck, and the color can't be similar to the truck. Do you have more to add on the commitment your friend had? time and cost, did he have to take most of it apart? It is done so well, those pieces had to come off?

Agreed, I think it looks phenomenal. Eventually I want to do some stuff under my truck in a nice blue color. Maybe similar to blue streak or something. But it won't be as extensive as my buddies truck.

To do all of that he had it the truck off road road for about 8 months I believe. But that's largely because he generally works 12 hour days 6 days a week which doesn't leave a lot of time to work on the truck. Plus the time to get everything figured out, wait for powder, chrome, etc. It's all a process.
Everything had to be torn down into individual pieces to powder/chrome. The differentials stripped right down, spring leafs taken apart, calipers disassembled, etc. Essentially every piece has to be separate. I won't make any comments on cost as that's not my information to share but I will say that whatever you think it's going to cost you can probably triple it and that's closer to what you'll be at. Powder is one thing but the chrome was FAR more expensive than we expected it to be.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio