Power fold Mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vknight1983

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l hemi
I have a 2015 Ram 1500 Laramie that had power fold mirrors on the window sticker but had tow mirrors added as an option. Can I just get some power fold mirrors and a new master switch and they work or will I need something else?

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Yes, you can add the powerfold tow mirrors (had them on my 2014 and have them on my 2017) and you'll need the switch, mirrors and you may need the sales code flashed to your truck.

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
You need the switch and door modules. You will also need the sales code added to the BCM. Only a couple people have ever been successful in getting Chrysler to make that code available to their dealer, so your only option there is probably the new mirror programmer from OBDGenie.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Yeah...I've heard there were issues with any dealer doing the flash.

My dealer was able to get it done in-house.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2015 Ram 1500 Laramie that had power fold mirrors on the window sticker but had tow mirrors added as an option. Can I just get some power fold mirrors and a new master switch and they work or will I need something else?

As stated you will need the correct door modules and master switch. I would take it to the dealer to see if the LER sales code is on your available options list before I purchased the OBD Genie just to make sure it's not present. Since your truck is a Laramie and had the power fold option before the Tow Mirror upgrade there is a chance the code could be there. It seems to be hit and miss but it's worth a try if you have a dealer who will check for you without charging you an arm and a leg.

metalmancpa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the tow mirrors on my new to me 2014 Ram 1500 Big Horn. I would have liked power mirrors, as already have found myself in tight spots. Don't need one on the drivers side, but the passenger side would be nice.

Here's a $35 "Mickey Mouse" solution I came up with. Works for me.

https://youtu.be/BDKqW0XBQw8

ScottFL

U.S. Navy Gulf War Vet
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 RAM 1500 Laramie Longhorn 4X4
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I have the tow mirrors on my new to me 2014 Ram 1500 Big Horn. I would have liked power mirrors, as already have found myself in tight spots. Don't need one on the drivers side, but the passenger side would be nice.

Here's a $35 "Mickey Mouse" solution I came up with. Works for me.

https://youtu.be/BDKqW0XBQw8

Mickey Mouse hell, you MacGyver'd that...