power fold mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Links

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got the mirrors and the switch panel, of course everything works but the power fold so I ordered the 2 door modules and will try them.

Finally talked to a knowledgeable dealer in PA, says adding the modules will be hit or miss and will prob have to "Initiate" the power fold option and thats not a guarantee but we shall see. I will keep you posted.

FYI: Of course the mirrors are folder in the box so even if I wanted to use them I can't without unfolding them. And I'm not about to try powering them up without knowing the voltage.

jasonLmarsh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got the mirrors and the switch panel, of course everything works but the power fold so I ordered the 2 door modules and will try them.

Finally talked to a knowledgeable dealer in PA, says adding the modules will be hit or miss and will prob have to "Initiate" the power fold option and thats not a guarantee but we shall see. I will keep you posted.

FYI: Of course the mirrors are folder in the box so even if I wanted to use them I can't without unfolding them. And I'm not about to try powering them up without knowing the voltage.
It's a 12 volt reversing system. The mirror wiring is The Yellow and Blue wires. you apply +12 volt to one and ground the other to open and reverse that to close. I have had mine wired up to a toggle switch on the side of my steering column for months. no issues.

Links

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's a 12 volt reversing system. The mirror wiring is The Yellow and Blue wires. you apply +12 volt to one and ground the other to open and reverse that to close. I have had mine wired up to a toggle switch on the side of my steering column for months. no issues.

Jason, Why didnt you go through the factory fold switch? Am I wasting my time trying?

jasonLmarsh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2011 With 2014 mirrors. I didn't want to spend the money on the modules and switch then find out later that they wouldn't be able to program it into my truck. so I took the safer and cheaper route and just wired them up myself.

Links

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2011 With 2014 mirrors. I didn't want to spend the money on the modules and switch then find out later that they wouldn't be able to program it into my truck. so I took the safer and cheaper route and just wired them up myself.

I may be going that route if they cant initiate them.

Links

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dealer says cant initiate without a power fold sales code for my VIN# ?!?!?!?

Disturbed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l Hemi
Hey links I see you referred to PA. What dealer are you talking about? It's hard to find dealers that know about programming. I need my seats, steering wheel and rear camera programmed.

Links

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought the truck in Oxford PA but they were no help. I had the new dealer in Elkton try to turn them on and they couldnt. I may take it to Jeff D'ambrosio in Downingtown PA to try.

R6-Ben

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Hi, newbie here and looking up to do this retrofit. I have a 2014 Ram sport 1500 with factory non PF heated mirrors and i also have the commodity and confort group. My dealer here in Quebec tried to do the swap with a 2016 Ram sport 1500 with PF sport mirrors and he told me that the connectors on the door switch ar not the same and that i will have to look for 2014/2015 mirrors to work ??? True or not...i've looked up to the website link with my V.I.N and the only option that my truck is not wired for is auto-dim.
Is my dealer full of crap or not ???
In my sense, it's almost impossible that Chrysler would have changed door wiring with "same bodystyle" years...to fit PF or non...

jasonLmarsh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I can't say for sure on the 2016 model, but I can tell you for a fact that the 2014-2015 mirror "plugs" are exactly the same as the 2009-2013. Your issue could be that you don't have the door modules and/or wiring for power fold. The only difference in the physical plug is that some wires may or may not be pinned into the plug. For example, I have 2014 mirrors on my 2011. The plug end was identical, only missing the 2 "power fold" wires. Since power fold wasn't an option for my 2011, I didn't bother with trying to get a factory switch and modules and programming, I just wired those into a toggle switch to open/close the mirrors.

Netman66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think I may understand why Dealers are having problems adding the LER code for people that did not originally have power folding mirrors and it makes sense.

When your truck is initially built, every part number installed on your truck is entered under your VIN - thus why they always ask you for this when you go in for parts.

Their sales system is likely setup in such a way that certain codes will only be available when the part numbers that support those codes are registered to your VIN (likely to prevent errors). This explains why Engineering at FCA require the power folding mirror part numbers and door module part numbers that you installed - so they can remove the old part numbers from your VIN and add the new numbers. This unlocks the sales code they need to add and allows them to remove the old sales code and pick the new LER code. Once Engineering has made the change in their system, the Dealer should be able to flash the truck to the new codes.

I suspect the Dealers that don't understand the process just try to add the LER to your build and it isn't available until the correct parts are registered to your VIN.

Just an observation....

PNUTLT1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think I may understand why Dealers are having problems adding the LER code for people that did not originally have power folding mirrors and it makes sense.

When your truck is initially built, every part number installed on your truck is entered under your VIN - thus why they always ask you for this when you go in for parts.

Their sales system is likely setup in such a way that certain codes will only be available when the part numbers that support those codes are registered to your VIN (likely to prevent errors). This explains why Engineering at FCA require the power folding mirror part numbers and door module part numbers that you installed - so they can remove the old part numbers from your VIN and add the new numbers. This unlocks the sales code they need to add and allows them to remove the old sales code and pick the new LER code. Once Engineering has made the change in their system, the Dealer should be able to flash the truck to the new codes.

I suspect the Dealers that don't understand the process just try to add the LER to your build and it isn't available until the correct parts are registered to your VIN.

Just an observation....

This make alot of sense.

I assume this is the method in which they need to do it.

So quick question to you or anyone else, the guy that got the code flashed had a laramie.

If i buy the mirrors, modules, and switch will i be able to add the LER code?
I read on other posts that the express will not accept the code. But if they remove the part # for the modules off the vin, will they be able to remove the old code and add LER?

Thanks

Netman66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You would probably need to find a Dealer that understands what the process is, or at least knows who to call at Corporate to get the back end changes made.

I'm not stating that my idea is fact, but after reading up on this conversion until my eyes bled, I've come to the conclusion that part numbers for the original parts need to be changed to the new parts in order for the sales codes to show up in the system so Dealers can select them.

Pace

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I spoke with parts yesterday at Team Chrysler. They spoke with service who have no problem with flashing the LER sales code into the computer. They have never done this, but are willing to try.

I am emailing the parts dept with the part numbers of the modules, mirrors and switch that people have posted here and other forums for them to cross check what he came up with on his computer.
I have a 2014 Laramie and when he looked up my truck vin he saw that not all the wiring was there and needs a harness or some wiring. This isn't what others online have been finding when they did their swap on their trucks.

I'll get back with what they figure out. If you want to pm me I can give you the details of who I have been speaking with. Maybe you want to talk to them as well.

Did you or anyone have success in the GTA swapping mirrors from Tow to regular power folding?

PontiacGuy77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Help

I have a 2015 dodge ram 1500 with black power, heated mirrors and swapped them to black power fold, power heated mirror with puddle light and signal. I have modules 68225101aa and 68225100aa. Will these modules work or do I need to swap them? I will be taking it in to the dealer and have the codes added and do not want to pay them to swap them out.

Thanks in advance
Johnny

Pace

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2015 dodge ram 1500 with black power, heated mirrors and swapped them to black power fold, power heated mirror with puddle light and signal. I have modules 68225101aa and 68225100aa. Will these modules work or do I need to swap them? I will be taking it in to the dealer and have the codes added and do not want to pay them to swap them out.

Thanks in advance
Johnny
How did you make out? I want to put power folding on my truck as well.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2016 1500 Limited with the tow mirrors, and I would also like to swap them out for the power folding non-tows. Does anybody know whether anything is different on a 2016 compared to a 2014 or 2015?

Also, I would be willing to sell the manual folding tows once the conversion is done. PM me if interested.

TW15TD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
I've been dealing with this issue for a few months now. I bought a 2016 RAM 1500 Sport and upgraded the mirrors to tow mirrors. Salesman assured me they would be power folding. They are not. Dealer is no help. FCA has been no help. I've contacted RAM Bodybuilder with no luck.

I offered to pay out of pocket to swap mirrors, door switch and modules to go back to standard sport mirrors. So far the RAM Bodybuilder engineer I spoke with said it can be done but no one will do it. It involves deleting sales codes for the factory installed mirrors and adding the new sales codes which I cannot get anyone to do.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

Pace

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've been dealing with this issue for a few months now. I bought a 2016 RAM 1500 Sport and upgraded the mirrors to tow mirrors. Salesman assured me they would be power folding. They are not. Dealer is no help. FCA has been no help. I've contacted RAM Bodybuilder with no luck.

I offered to pay out of pocket to swap mirrors, door switch and modules to go back to standard sport mirrors. So far the RAM Bodybuilder engineer I spoke with said it can be done but no one will do it. It involves deleting sales codes for the factory installed mirrors and adding the new sales codes which I cannot get anyone to do.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

Did you read siruls experience on page 5 of this thread? I am doing the same thing switch from tow to regular size power folding, I printed siruls post along with the invoice from the dealer. I will be showing it to service manger at my local dealer when I get everything installed. Just a thought.
I will post my outcome once its done. probably in 2 weeks. I finally found 2 mirrors at good price but one was damaged in transit. Looking for one now or someone that can repair it (plastic trim cracked)