Power folding mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PowerWagon2012

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is it possible to add the power folding mirrors to a 2014 longhorn?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
It is, but it's tricky and not cheap. You need the mirrors,master switch, both door modules, and you need to have the sales code added. Sometimes getting the right sales code added can be tricky.

OP
OP
PowerWagon2012

PowerWagon2012

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It is, but it's tricky and not cheap. You need the mirrors,master switch, both door modules, and you need to have the sales code added. Sometimes getting the right sales code added can be tricky.

Is it something that is easier to just take to the dealer to do?

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Is it something that is easier to just take to the dealer to do?

Adding the sales code has to be done at a dealer. Maybe try giving some dealers a call and asking if they've done any power fold mirror conversions.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Before you spend the money on both of the door modules and new drivers side door master switch take your truck to the dealer and see if the LER sales code is availible in your options list for your Vin#. I would assume it is since your truck is a Longhorn. If it is availible you can have them add it then and install the switch and modules later. If it is not available you can see if your dealer will contact W.I.C (Warranty Information Center) to have the code added to your Vin#. If the LER sales code is on your available options list the dealer can easily install the sales code to your truck.

Last edited:

PNUTLT1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is it possible to add the power folding mirrors to a 2014 longhorn?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes when you buy the modules get these right here
68225103AC
68225102AC

There's a post with module numbers to do the power folding option
But those are for a 2013
These are for a 2014-2015
And maybe even 16

TW15TD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
Before you spend the money on both of the door modules and new drivers side door master switch take your truck to the dealer and see if the LER sales code is availible in your options list for your Vin#. I would assume it is since your truck is a Longhorn. If it is availible you can have them add it then and install the switch and modules later. If it is not available you can see if your dealer will contact W.I.C (Warranty Information Center) to have the code added to your Vin#. If the LER sales code is on your available options list the dealer can easily install the sales code to your truck.

I've been trying for months to get this done on my vehicle. What is the number to WIC?

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not sure what trim level your truck is. If you truck is a higher trim level the LER code might be on your options list. First thing is to find a dealer who knows what they are doing and knows how to add codes. If your truck is a Express or a Tradesman the code will defenetly not be in your options list. The dealer is the one who has to contact W.I.C. to try to have the code added to your Vin#. I only know of two people who have been able to have sales codes added to there Vin# I actualy found a dealer who is willing to contact W.I.C. to try but has never done it and has no idea how.

OP
OP
PowerWagon2012

PowerWagon2012

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not sure what trim level your truck is. If you truck is a higher trim level the LER code might be on your options list. First thing is to find a dealer who knows what they are doing and knows how to add codes. If your truck is a Express or a Tradesman the code will defenetly not be in your options list. The dealer is the one who has to contact W.I.C. to try to have the code added to your Vin#. I only know of two people who have been able to have sales codes added to there Vin# I actualy found a dealer who is willing to contact W.I.C. to try but has never done it and has no idea how.

I have a longhorn so I wouldn't think it would be a problem.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a longhorn so I wouldn't think it would be a problem.

Yea I am thinking the code should be in your available options. Like I was saying go to a dealer that understands how to add sales codes and have them check and see if it's there amd have them add it before purchasing any parts. I have seen a few guys with Laramies and Longhorns that have had the LER code in there options list and were able to have it added with no issues. Tac-Tech has said in some cases the code is not there on some of the higher trim levels. But I am not sure what the situation was.

TW15TD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
Mine is a Sport. Long story short they ordered my vehicle with tow mirrors and assured me they would fold. After getting home I quickly found out I can't get in my garage without folding and there was no fold button.

I've tried ever since to get the sales code added. Even spoke to RAM Bodybuilding. No luck.

I'm about to order the power folding mirrors and install an aftermarket harness that adds a switch for power fold.

Fingers crossed it works.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have an Express and the LER code was not available for mine either. I used the factory power folding mirrors and just tapped into the yellow and blue wire on the black plug and installed my own switches. They work great and I have full control of both mirrors separately. I can fold one at a time or both. I put the switches in the small recess pocket in the doorbpanel.

Attachments

• 20151026_221515.jpg
    20151026_221515.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 118

Vncnz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have an Express and the LER code was not available for mine either. I used the factory power folding mirrors and just tapped into the yellow and blue wire on the black plug and installed my own switches. They work great and I have full control of both mirrors separately. I can fold one at a time or both. I put the switches in the small recess pocket in the doorbpanel.

How exactly dis u do this ?

TW15TD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
This is exactly what I am looking to do. I just don't know enough about it to even attempt. Do you have photos of what you did?

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Okay I apologize it took me a while to get a chance to post Been gone all day. I got tired of going from dealer to dealer talking to service managers who were completely cluless or cocky and rude. I could not find anyone willing to add the LER code to my Express. I think what some people might be missing is the few people who were able to get this done a while ago had higher trim level trucks and some had special circumstances. I am not a real good ass kisser and I got tired of it and wired my own. For those of you who are trying to get the LER code added I wish you the best.....but I wouldn't be spending the money on all of the correct parts before you actualy have the code added. You can have the code added at any time. The factory switch goes through a module. When you push the button it sets a relay that folds or open both mirrors. They stop when the motors sense more of an AMP draw when the mirrors are fully opened or closed. The factory switch is just a momentary on single pole button. It will not work to fold the mirrors unless you had some type of module in place to reverse the polarity of the motors......Here is what I did and in my opinion they may not be factory but they look factory and work better and I didn't have to kiss any more asses to get it done. I posted a thread on it when I got it done but I didn't get much response......
The rreasons I prefer the way I ended up doing g my mirrors
1. They will power fold with the key on or off.
2. I can fold the mirrors together or seperatly completely independent of each other.
3. I can fold each mirror in and out as much or lttle as I want I just push the switch foward or back. I love this when I back into my garage. I need the passenger side mirror folded in but I still need the drivers side to see. I fold the passenger side in all the way and fold the drivers side just enough to clear the door and fold it back to full open in a mater of seconds as I back up.
4. They work perfectly and have for over a year....no dealer codes no B.S.
The power fold mirror has a yellow and a blue wire side by side in the black plug. These are the wires that go to the motor. It is a simple electric motor the will go foward of backward by simply reversing the polarity. Jut put the plus on the minus and the minus on the plus and it will spin backwards. This is exactly how the factory does it but the polarity is reverses by a module instead of a switch. All you need to do is this

1. You need to buy two momentary on of six pole mini switches. I will post a pic of one of my extras.
2.you need to buy enough length of yellow and blue wire to run from the drivers mirror to the passenger mirror ( make sure you get at least five or ten feet more than you think you may need.
3. Buy enough red wire to go from your batter to either a fuse box like I installed under my seat or to the drivers side door mirror.
4. I installed the fuse box under my seat to power my power seats,iilluminated sunvisors and mirrors. This is up to you you can run the power directly to the driver's door or run a fuse box. You can also tap into twelve volt power from any constant 12 volt source but I prefer to take power directly from the battery with a inline fused wire to a fuse box
5. Buy enough black wire to run a ground for tje drivers door to the kick panel.
6. Buy all of the electrical connectors to hook everything up plus wire your switches for reverse polarity. I am posting pics of the switch and how you wire it or reverse polarity. It is simple you take the six pole switch at you basically make positive and negative wire an ex just like in the picture. It is extremely simple to do. This is the way it was done before modules and sales codes were invented. You tap into the yellow and blue wire in the passenger side door and run it through the factory door harness. I did it and it can be done. I went from the truck side unto the door it was easier. Run those wires under your carpet to your drivers side door harness. My seats were out so it was easy to run my wires. Run your positive and negative wires plus your blue and yellow mirror wires through the drivers side door harness. This was the hardest part do to the parking brake but I was able to do it. Attach your ground wire to a suitable ground sorce. I used a bolt under the drivers side kick panel. Splice into the drivers side mirror wires just like the passenger side. Wire your switches like shown in the picture. Install the switches wherever you want them in your door panel. Spice off of your positive and ground to supply power to both switches seperatly. Attach your yellow and blue mirror wires to the switch and that is it. I know it sounds hard but if you rely look at it it's not. There are a total of six main wires. If you are one who doesn't want to do the wiring and install the switches in the door panels any stereo shop would do it for you probably pretty cheap. I know it's alot of typing but people have been asking me how I did mine so I figured I would share it one more time. I used actuall automotive connectors and plugs to do the whole install. If you removed my door panels you would thing the truck came this way. Any questions let me know. I can take more pics or walk you through it. Unfortunately I erased most of the pictures I took while I did my install. If someone is actualy going to attempt the install I will pull my door panels and take detailed pics again. Hope this answers some if for the guys who have been messaging me. Give it a try it's not hard and they work great.

Attachments

• 20160416_180453.jpg
    20160416_180453.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 89
  • 20160416_180435.jpg
    20160416_180435.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 89
  • Screenshot_2015-04-28-22-22-26.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-04-28-22-22-26.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 88

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
More pics.

Attachments

• 20160416_180605.jpg
    20160416_180605.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 75
  • Screenshot_2016-03-23-22-05-50.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-03-23-22-05-50.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 81
  • 20151026_221649.jpg
    20151026_221649.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 97

TW15TD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
Okay I apologize it took me a while to get a chance to post Been gone all day. I got tired of going from dealer to dealer talking to service managers who were completely cluless or cocky and rude. I could not find anyone willing to add the LER code to my Express. I think what some people might be missing is the few people who were able to get this done a while ago had higher trim level trucks and some had special circumstances. I am not a real good ass kisser and I got tired of it and wired my own. For those of you who are trying to get the LER code added I wish you the best.....but I wouldn't be spending the money on all of the correct parts before you actualy have the code added. You can have the code added at any time. The factory switch goes through a module. When you push the button it sets a relay that folds or open both mirrors. They stop when the motors sense more of an AMP draw when the mirrors are fully opened or closed. The factory switch is just a momentary on single pole button. It will not work to fold the mirrors unless you had some type of module in place to reverse the polarity of the motors......Here is what I did and in my opinion they may not be factory but they look factory and work better and I didn't have to kiss any more asses to get it done. I posted a thread on it when I got it done but I didn't get much response......
The rreasons I prefer the way I ended up doing g my mirrors
1. They will power fold with the key on or off.
2. I can fold the mirrors together or seperatly completely independent of each other.
3. I can fold each mirror in and out as much or lttle as I want I just push the switch foward or back. I love this when I back into my garage. I need the passenger side mirror folded in but I still need the drivers side to see. I fold the passenger side in all the way and fold the drivers side just enough to clear the door and fold it back to full open in a mater of seconds as I back up.
4. They work perfectly and have for over a year....no dealer codes no B.S.
The power fold mirror has a yellow and a blue wire side by side in the black plug. These are the wires that go to the motor. It is a simple electric motor the will go foward of backward by simply reversing the polarity. Jut put the plus on the minus and the minus on the plus and it will spin backwards. This is exactly how the factory does it but the polarity is reverses by a module instead of a switch. All you need to do is this

1. You need to buy two momentary on of six pole mini switches. I will post a pic of one of my extras.
2.you need to buy enough length of yellow and blue wire to run from the drivers mirror to the passenger mirror ( make sure you get at least five or ten feet more than you think you may need.
3. Buy enough red wire to go from your batter to either a fuse box like I installed under my seat or to the drivers side door mirror.
4. I installed the fuse box under my seat to power my power seats,iilluminated sunvisors and mirrors. This is up to you you can run the power directly to the driver's door or run a fuse box. You can also tap into twelve volt power from any constant 12 volt source but I prefer to take power directly from the battery with a inline fused wire to a fuse box
5. Buy enough black wire to run a ground for tje drivers door to the kick panel.
6. Buy all of the electrical connectors to hook everything up plus wire your switches for reverse polarity. I am posting pics of the switch and how you wire it or reverse polarity. It is simple you take the six pole switch at you basically make positive and negative wire an ex just like in the picture. It is extremely simple to do. This is the way it was done before modules and sales codes were invented. You tap into the yellow and blue wire in the passenger side door and run it through the factory door harness. I did it and it can be done. I went from the truck side unto the door it was easier. Run those wires under your carpet to your drivers side door harness. My seats were out so it was easy to run my wires. Run your positive and negative wires plus your blue and yellow mirror wires through the drivers side door harness. This was the hardest part do to the parking brake but I was able to do it. Attach your ground wire to a suitable ground sorce. I used a bolt under the drivers side kick panel. Splice into the drivers side mirror wires just like the passenger side. Wire your switches like shown in the picture. Install the switches wherever you want them in your door panel. Spice off of your positive and ground to supply power to both switches seperatly. Attach your yellow and blue mirror wires to the switch and that is it. I know it sounds hard but if you rely look at it it's not. There are a total of six main wires. If you are one who doesn't want to do the wiring and install the switches in the door panels any stereo shop would do it for you probably pretty cheap. I know it's alot of typing but people have been asking me how I did mine so I figured I would share it one more time. I used actuall automotive connectors and plugs to do the whole install. If you removed my door panels you would thing the truck came this way. Any questions let me know. I can take more pics or walk you through it. Unfortunately I erased most of the pictures I took while I did my install. If someone is actualy going to attempt the install I will pull my door panels and take detailed pics again. Hope this answers some if for the guys who have been messaging me. Give it a try it's not hard and they work great.
You my friend are my hero right now.