Power folding mirrors swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Asparagus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 eco desiel
Hi all
I have a 2015 Laramie eco desiel(I am located in stouffville) and just swapped out my trailer tow mirrors for power folding mirrors.i have replaced the door switch and the modules.i went to the dealer today to have my bcm reprogrammed but they say they can't do it.they programmed it with a GPC code but that is my existing code for the mirrors with the puddle light and turn signals..not for power folding....i have read on other posts that they need to add a LER code but they told me it does not exist in the system..they have other codes but NO LER...they even showed me on the computer....what code do they need to replace or add in order for me to use my door switch...i need help...what do i need or what can I do...please list step by step
I have all the right parts from door switch and new modules of a limited with power folding mirrors.
PLEASE HELP.....also if someone know a dealer with this sort of experience doing this

BiGMERF

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 SLT 4x4
Engine
v6
When I went to activate my drl the dealer also couldn't find the code. I told them to call regional and it was a code they had to add from Detroit. Then it popped up on their system. Maybe try that ? Just throwing it out there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
There are a million threads about this. The dealer can only add the code if corporate makes that code accessible for your VIN. Very few people have been able to get it done, so a lot have hardwired them. OBDGenie recently came out with a programmer that can do it and that is the only guaranteed way we know of right now.

OP
OP
A

Asparagus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 eco desiel
Thx..will look into it. I have call FCA customer service and they put me in contact with RAM BODY BUILDER.COM.
We will see what come of it...will keep you posted

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye