Power folding tow mirrors on a 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited Loaded - Sold
Ok I tried searching and did not find the info I am looking for... My search-fu sucks sometimes.

Regardless,

I am looking for the power fold tow mirrors for my 1500.

My truck is the 2017 1500 Laramie with power fold, puddle lights, heated, memory, etc... Non-tow

I would prefer ones with the chrome back but open for all options.

FYI...I have no problem with my **** slide on mirrors. They fit great, are cheap, do not shake, the view is awesome, I just want the perminent mirrors for speed of use

matt.davidson09

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 RAM 2500 Laramie Mega Cab
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Lots of threads on this topic. Luckily for you yours is plug and play, just find power folding tow mirrors off eBay/Craigslist or 1A Auto. No new modules needed and (in my case) nothing needs to be flashed to the BCM.

Edit: there are a *few threads on this but they're quite lengthy and hard to dig through and find the information you need. You should be fine once you locate the power folding mirrors; just plug em up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Curlyp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 17' Sport with non-power gold tow mirrors. I love my tow mirrors, but would like the option to have power fold. Couldn't I purchase a set of power fold tow mirrors and the Mopar door switch with power fold and hook them up? Would t be plug and play for me as well?

matt.davidson09

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 RAM 2500 Laramie Mega Cab
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Would need to get sales code LER flashed into your BCM. Ran me $129 from dealership. You might also need the door modules, but I'm not positive.

I swapped the power folding setup that was working perfect from my 2014 to my 2013, didn't work. I got the sales code flashed to BCM and it worked immediately. Such a waste of $130*♂️

Curlyp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wow! What a money gimmick! Haha