Problems Aiming OEM FOG

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mpslaney

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel
Hey everyone, new to the board and had a quick question about aiming the OEM fog lights. I'm driving a 15' Ram 1500 ecodiesel and it seem I am unable to aim the fog lights high enough.
From what I've read, the fogs should be aimed about 4" below middle of lens height while parked 25' away.

I can get one up to that height while the other is about 3" lower. Secondly both lights are at their MAX adjustment and really shaky if i hit a bump . Anyone else experience this? Is there something wrong with the light harness that it can't be adjusted higher? Is there a mod to make it adjust better?
:bowroflwerd6:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey everyone, new to the board and had a quick question about aiming the OEM fog lights. I'm driving a 15' Ram 1500 ecodiesel and it seem I am unable to aim the fog lights high enough.
From what I've read, the fogs should be aimed about 4" below middle of lens height while parked 25' away.

I can get one up to that height while the other is about 3" lower. Secondly both lights are at their MAX adjustment and really shaky if i hit a bump . Anyone else experience this? Is there something wrong with the light harness that it can't be adjusted higher? Is there a mod to make it adjust better?
:bowroflwerd6:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You should have plenty of adjustment. Mine don't shake at all. If you're still covered by warranty I'd take it into the dealership and have them adjust them.

Last edited:

7777xm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You should have plenty of adjustment. Mine don't shake at all. If you're still covered by warranty I'd take it into the dealership and have them adjust them.
How does yours not shake? Every Ram I've seen or delt with with vertical fogs have a fair amount of play along the the bracket where the fog light pivots.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk