Projector Fog Light Retrofit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JPT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Over my past two trucks I have spend about $2k on lighting. I wouldn't spend this kind of cash on fog lights, but driving lights are very important to me. After I got my Audi, I knew I could never go back to halogen.

I think seeing WAY better, and not blinding people is worth the investment.

I personally do not think that fog lights really warrant this kind of cost, but appreciate the time and effort of the OP and others to improve their look.

Also, if you put on light bars here in LI, you are very likely to get pulled over. Especially if you have your fogs on as you have passed the legal number of driving lights.

OP
OP
swine

swine

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
And my kenwood radio i had, the screen cracked. I need a radio with gps. Factory 8.4 is over $1500 new, so i would say i got a great deal on a lit betyer of a radio than the 8.4

That's not the point. I don't really care what your reasons were, the fact is you decided to upgrade something on YOUR truck to meet YOUR needs and wants. Good for you, but I didn't go on YOUR thread and dump on you for what YOU chose to spend YOUR money on.

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That's not the point. I don't really care what your reasons were, the fact is you decided to upgrade something on YOUR truck to meet YOUR needs and wants. Good for you, but I didn't go on YOUR thread and dump on you for what YOU chose to spend YOUR money on.

Wow calm down guy. I was just wondering how the $500 fog light upgrade compares to LED fog light bulbs.

TRXHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Those look great. You put in a lot of time and effort, and the end results show that! It really looks nice.

OP
OP
swine

swine

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I cant seem to understand how you guys can justify spending almost $500 on upgrading foglights, and $1,000. On headlights. Thats insane!
If you need extra light, just add a $100 lightbar in the bottom of your bumper!

Wow calm down guy. I was just wondering how the $500 fog light upgrade compares to LED fog light bulbs.

Nowhere in that first quote is there a question, just a snarky comment criticizing something I chose to do with MY truck and MY money. Why do I have to justify how and what I spend MY money on? How is that wondering how the lights compare? If YOU don't understand it, that's fine but you don't need to ridicule others because you don't like their choices. And I'm plenty calm, but I've noticed that you seem to like to stir up trouble all over the forum with your opinionated ignorant comments. I'm done, go back under your bridge.

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nowhere in that first quote is there a question, just a snarky comment criticizing something I chose to do with MY truck and MY money. Why do I have to justify how and what I spend MY money on? How is that wondering how the lights compare? If YOU don't understand it, that's fine but you don't need to ridicule others because you don't like their choices. And I'm plenty calm, but I've noticed that you seem to like to stir up trouble all over the forum with your opinionated ignorant comments. I'm done, go back under your bridge.

Wow. Sorry you feel that way. Have a nice day

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know I’ve asked already but still curious to what these look like from the back to protect the bulb or projector from water intrusion?

I have the morimoto led fogs but I want more throw so now it’s time for some projector fogs.

OP
OP
swine

swine

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There's a silicone seal where the shaft of the projector extends through the housing. The bulbs themselves fit tightly into the projector housing. I've never had any issue with water intrusion. I don't really have any pics of the back of them installed.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Cool, as soon as find some me to swap me the morimotos for some stockers I’ll start.

bigred74

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 and 2017
Engine
5.9L Magnum and 5.7L hemi
What year is your truck and what do they look like?

QwikKota

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
The new fogs look awesome and are super bright. Does anyone know a cheap way to make the OEM fogs match the color range of the headlights? My fogs are very yellow. I have a Laramie, I think the headlights are projector style which is a question when searching for fog lights for some reason. I am just looking for some swap in replacements more of a white color.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
99% of the LED on the market will be close to the color temp. Look for something in the 5500-6500 range and it will match up. Although the headlight bulb is likely hologen meaning it should be in the 4300 temp range, the projector alters the color a bit.

Last edited:

brianw0048

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
So you get any bounce from the projectors in the fogs?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

guntisp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
[QUOTE =

I had some issues with the wiring of the halos on the front turn signal circuit. Seems the truck didn't like that for some reason. Worked fine while I was testing it, but as soon as I started the truck the front signals wouldn't work. I'm going to connect them to the trailer circuit since that worked fine when I tried it (running).

I'll see if I can get some output pics tonight.[/QUOTE]

I have a problem with halo. Nothing happens when the turn signal is turned on.
Profile Pixel driver + Morimoto controller.
I connect the Halo 5 pin cable to the driver (white - white). I connect the 5-pin driver cable to the controller (black-black). I connected the driver's orange wire to the 12 pin pin turn. I connected the black wire of the driver to the car ground bolt.
I connected the controller red wire to Fuse 99, the controller black wire to the car ground screw.
What am I doing wrong?

guntisp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I found a problem. Wire connector at fault.

78127272_437822903784546_3178340159124930560_n.jpg

;)