Projector lights help needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alex_cad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 eco diesel
Hi guys!
I have a 2015 Ram 1500 SLT, and want to install/retrofit projector headlights from the sport version.
I don't really want to buy those retrofit modules. Does any one know another way to do the swap. Let's say if I'll change the whole harness from the fuse box to headlights will it help?

Damion

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It will take more than that. The projectors have led turn signals, your truck will think there's a burnt out bulb with the led in its place. This would cause a hyper flash and possibly a bulb out message. This is done by the pcm.

Getting the conversion harnesses is the best route to go.

OP
OP
Alex_cad

Alex_cad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 eco diesel
It will take more than that. The projectors have led turn signals, your truck will think there's a burnt out bulb with the led in its place. This would cause a hyper flash and possibly a bulb out message. This is done by the pcm.

Getting the conversion harnesses is the best route to go.

Tnx for the answer.
My only concern is how reliable they are?

CuylerTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn Mega Cab 4x4
Engine
6.7L
Hi guys!
I have a 2015 Ram 1500 SLT, and want to install/retrofit projector headlights from the sport version.
I don't really want to buy those retrofit modules. Does any one know another way to do the swap. Let's say if I'll change the whole harness from the fuse box to headlights will it help?

You can buy the front end harness for $170-200 from a dealer, but would need to get it programmed for the new headlights as to not show a bulb out message. its been done before.

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I'm in Toronto
The retroshop harness is only $125 and it solves all your issues or problems that would come up when swapping in the oem projectors.

Seriously Jeremy at RetroShop makes top of the line stuff. I've bought $1k+ custom headlights from him and they were amazing quality.

No need to be worried about the quality of the conversion harness. It will be the best quality it can be. Hundreds of members on here are currently using them and have had no issues.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Alex_cad

Alex_cad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 eco diesel
The retroshop harness is only $125 and it solves all your issues or problems that would come up when swapping in the oem projectors.

Seriously Jeremy at RetroShop makes top of the line stuff. I've bought $1k+ custom headlights from him and they were amazing quality.

No need to be worried about the quality of the conversion harness. It will be the best quality it can be. Hundreds of members on here are currently using them and have had no issues.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

My truck got front ended (hit the deer), so I'm rebuilding it. Front harness got damaged and I've decided to change it instead of fixing it. Already ordered a new harness for a projector model and I hope it'll work fine after adding a code to the truck:)