Protecting bed when it rains

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nado

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Odd question. But lets say you have a tri-fold tonneau cover. However you are travelling for a bit, and need to store luggage, etc in the bed. But, you also have something you need to carry that requires one fold of the cover to be open.

Is there a vertical divider that can be placed in the bed long ways to keep water from running back into the covered section of the bed (where you would have your luggage, etc...)

I have not see this anywhere just yet, but obviously it doesnt mean I have been looking in the right spots either.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I don't believe there are any dividers out there that would keep water out of the divided sections. Best bet would be a truck cap.

Sandbox

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Since my tonneau isn't waterproof, what I've done is place a pallet in the bed to place my items on. That way, any water that makes it's way to the floor want reach the items in my bed. You could do the same thing and cover it with a tarp.

OP
OP
N

Nado

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Since my tonneau isn't waterproof, what I've done is place a pallet in the bed to place my items on. That way, any water that makes it's way to the floor want reach the items in my bed. You could do the same thing and cover it with a tarp.

This is exactly what I was thinking. Just build a little platform or put a pallet in there, and lay a tarp over it.

Thanks, just wanted to make sure I wasnt missing a product out there somewhere.