puddle light issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tyallis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I recently noticed that my tow mirror puddle lights (both right and left) are no longer working on my 2015 1500. They are a manual folding mirror. I find it hard to believe that the LED's are burnt out already?? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Mineralram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
on my 2013 i had them replaced 3 times both sides under warranty, they are a **** poor design and blow because water gets to them and they short out

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

VB712

Maxi_built
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My turn signals on both tow mirrors don't work anymore.

OP
OP
T

tyallis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
on my 2013 i had them replaced 3 times both sides under warranty, they are a **** poor design and blow because water gets to them and they short out

Do you know if they just pop out with a screwdriver? My pickup is no longer under warranty unfortunately. Thanks for the reply.

Mineralram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Do you know if they just pop out with a screwdriver? My pickup is no longer under warranty unfortunately. Thanks for the reply.
yes they do youd best to buy a replacement to see how its done

Ram Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
One of mine stopped working but they started working again after I folded them in and then retracted them again (auto fold). The reason they stopped working was because one of the mirror was pushed in slightly causing it to not make a complete contact with the electrical contact.

So I would recommend making sure they are perfectly folded out. Maybe even fold them back in and then out.

Mugster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had the drivers side puddle lamp (2013) replaced under warranty about a year and a half ago. Now the passenger side is out. I pick up my 2017 next week so I'm not worried about it but do find it strange that these lights are so problematic.

DailyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I have replaced all. The new LEDs are better than original. Put some grease on the connection points when you replace them to protect the points from moisture, and they may last longer.