Ram 20" Rim

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HemiRam3231

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi everyone! I am new to the site and a new ram 1500 big horn owner (all stock for now). After one month of owning my truck I ended up with a flat. I picked up a nail on the road that flattened my tire. So I put the spare tire on and had the tire patched at a national known shop. When I picked up my truck and examined the rim it was all scratched and chipped up. I brought it to the attention of the manager that the truck only has 4k miles on it and the rim did not look like this before. He agreed that the tech must have messed it up and ordered me a new 20" steel rim to replace mine. He told me when it comes in he would install it. He did and when I went to pick it up the 2nd time it was scratched again no chips this time. Again I showed him all the scratches on the outside of the rim and he told me he needed a special machine to mount a 20" rim without scratching it!?! his machine only handles 13-18" rims. He did tell me a rim that big and he wasn't going to mess with a 3rd time. He did however order me a new rim. So now I need to have a new rim installed. My question is has anyone ever heard of needing a special tire machine to mount a tire to a dodge ram 20" rim?

nim81

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Yes and if it's a national chain they should have equipment to handle it. 20" rims are common nowadays

Sent from iPhone-taptalk

macmongrel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
wow, at least their taking responsibility for scratching the rim!

Rumblebee#2331

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
bunch of bums, had the same thing happen to my srt 8 jeep at the dealership, instead of the rim they ruined a $500 run flat tire. I dont understand if your machine cant handle it what business do you have touching it in the first place.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Welcome to RF. Sucks that they kept scratching it, but agree that at least he stood up and order a new one twice. I wasn't that lucky with my previous vehicle. They gouged the lip of the wheel and their response was.....oh that was already there.

it seems anymore the only way you can get a place to not scratch your wheels is to be able to stand there and watch so they take there time and be careful.

macmongrel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
it seems anymore the only way you can get a place to not scratch your wheels is to be able to stand there and watch so they take there time and be careful.

Which doesn't sound like a bad idea...In the future I may at least mention...hey are you guys capable of doing this job without scratching my rims or should i be here to watch you change everything...and provide pictures before they take it in so you have documented evidence of before and after HAH

otherwise they may do this to you...*show em smiley : :Hump:

OP
OP
H

HemiRam3231

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was very lucky they owed up to it and I do have a new rim. Now it's just finding a good place to put it on. If you can't put on a tire without damaging the rim then why do it? Rims are not cheep. Good idea with the pictured...lol!

dodger2107

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Same issue at Wally World(they wont do 20's,and Tire Kingdom scratched the hell out of my 18's and they wont do 20's

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
i've even seen where places charge more for 20"

biggin152

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
At least they are replacing the wheel, be very very thankful. I was not so lucky and am going on three months of debacle and headed to court.

S

scotts2012ram

I done up to 22 with a 10 year old snapon with out one mark but I want touch what I call rubber band tires. I think it comes down to training the shop I worked at. Took pride in the work we never had a mark on a rim. We where all real techs not a 3 day class tech

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
am3334