Raptor Style Grille on a Ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

muscleram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
That's so ugly imo

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
wouldnt be so bad based on 2 things.

1) color match it, the flat black in the picture is awful. Like a work truck grill.

2) that lower opening, cut it out and add a single row light bar.

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Meh... Painted might look better. To me, there's too much area in our grills to be a solid piece like that. There needs to be something to break up the monotony. I do like the idea of the amber LED's incorporated. It would be much cheaper to add some to your existing grill. Or, you could try and use a Rebel grill on your truck and add some LED's to it.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
From the guys who have done a grill, is there enough room to where I could work in a 30-40 inch curved in the middle? Cut out the area in the center and flush mount it.

OP
OP
DailyRam

DailyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
My first thoughts when i looked at this (with my truck in mind) was to paint it black to match, swap (or tint) the Amber LEDs to red, and put the Taligate RAM letters from a limited or Rebel on the front in color matched black
Not completely sold on the idea, just thought i'd float it out there to see what others thought. Still want to find a Limited Grill that i can paint Black, but the price was much more appealing.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
My first thoughts when i looked at this (with my truck in mind) was to paint it black to match, swap (or tint) the Amber LEDs to red, and put the Taligate RAM letters from a limited or Rebel on the front in color matched black
Not completely sold on the idea, just thought i'd float it out there to see what others thought. Still want to find a Limited Grill that i can paint Black, but the price was much more appealing.

I think the big ram letters would help it look better like you are thinking- and yes color matched on the surround

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I like the idea of this.

The whole led's in the grill thing.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I like the ambers in the grille, looks great.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

mdifilippo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Yup that's my truck that got linked. I love it, the look isn't for everyone but I've gotten a ton of compliments on it. a 42 inch light bar fits really well in there. I plan to black out the rest of my truck thats why I went with black but should be simple enough to get color matched if that's the look you want. I like this style grill over the mesh ones that seem to be super popular.

IMG_0749.jpg

IMG_0746.jpg

IMG_0739.jpg

H1Chester

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I like it. Don't like the amber lights.

ocwill1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
I like it, that is why I bought it .. Color matched the surround, added Ram head to it, and since pic was taken, the Heavy Duty badge into lower driver side...

I asked about white lights, but the maker of mine, eautogrilles, only did the amber...

OP
OP
DailyRam

DailyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I'm still on the fence. My new concern is that there is more curve on the grill than there is on the tailgate, so if i go with the large letters they aren't going to sit flush.

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
Its not bad. Not a fan of how bright the ambers are and that they are on the front outside of it vs behind like Rzman's.

Thought about the Rebel grill without the large RAM letters. can put another smaller LED bar in there.Looks like it comes with the mounting hardware and dont have to cut the stocker up.