Raptor Style Grille on a Ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adubree86

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 2500
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I'm still on the fence. My new concern is that there is more curve on the grill than there is on the tailgate, so if i go with the large letters they aren't going to sit flush.

the dremel is your friends.

AimLowRobin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 4x4 Crew Cab Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
18620933_1651831808178798_2653803287411008942_o.jpg

Deepc6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 Etorque
Yup that's my truck that got linked. I love it, the look isn't for everyone but I've gotten a ton of compliments on it. a 42 inch light bar fits really well in there. I plan to black out the rest of my truck thats why I went with black but should be simple enough to get color matched if that's the look you want. I like this style grill over the mesh ones that seem to be super popular.

View attachment 88627

View attachment 88628

View attachment 88629

What light bar did you use in your grill?
Do you happen to have a build thread on it?

Bdersch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yup that's my truck that got linked. I love it, the look isn't for everyone but I've gotten a ton of compliments on it. a 42 inch light bar fits really well in there. I plan to black out the rest of my truck thats why I went with black but should be simple enough to get color matched if that's the look you want. I like this style grill over the mesh ones that seem to be super popular.

View attachment 88627

View attachment 88628

View attachment 88629

i have seen this grille on Ebay without the ambers... I am considering going that route myself. I am curious though how you got the lightbar to fit in there and look so flush and everything? im guessing its a 42" curved? but how is the physical lightbar attached to the grille? ? Would love some more close up pics and some more detail!

Deepc6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 Etorque
Does anyone know if the amber lights can be replaced with white LEDs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mdifilippo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Oops sorry guys for some reason I didn't get any notifications on this thread! I have not seen clear lenses yet for these. With some body work you could certainly pop out the lights and do away with them or try to retrofit in some white markers. I wasn't too sure how I felt about the amber markers at first but now I love them.

My build thread has some detailed photos on the grill as well as a lot of explanation on it. BUT to help out here are some details of the trim work that helps to blend the 42 inch curved lightbar into the grill. I designed the trim pieces to fit the curve of the grill and the lightbar, as well as fit the overall profile of the existing trim on the grill and then 3D printed it.

This post has a few detailed photos of how I mounted the lightbar. The lightbar is mounted directly to the grll in order to simplify things, finding somewhere to mount the lightbar with the active shutters was looking like a lot of bending in order to avoid just blatantly drilling into the truck. I used some simple flat aluminum that I bent into 2 90 degree brackets. It is riveted directly to the outer bezel of the grill and holds the lightbar very nicely. Allows for a small amount of play but at the same time is solid.