rattle noise in my trucl

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rgvram2012

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.1
Anyone having any issues with a rattling noise in their 2012 ram 1500? I just got my truck a few months ago and from day one there has been a persistent noise coming into the cab. I had it checked at the dealer they told me it was the tool box. I took it to the tool box place they told me it was the factory liner. they rebolted the the tool box but noise continued. I had the liner removed and added a rino liner hoping that would kill the problem but no dice. Just got truck back today and still have this annoying noise coming from what sounds like inside the two rear doors. Sound familiar to anyone?

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Welcome to rf. I moved this to the exterior section.

I have not experienced this rattle noise with my truck

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've been battling a few rattles from inside my truck, but I have a Reg Cab.

Things I would check:
Knock on the interior door panels. I had to removed and pad mine with camper shell tape to give them a good solid feel / quietness.

Also, some of these trucks have an issue with an improperly installed heat shield on the exhaust. I'm hoping that's another one of my issues.

For a brand new truck, I've done more work fixing it....

RamFan2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've got noises too... I got a 1" foam mattress pad and cut out four pieces to put inside my doors. I still have noises coming from my dashboard, truck went in today for the forth time to fix it. Hopefully I'll have it back tomorrow.

kpetau

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Found noise

I had what sounds like the same issue in my truck when I first got it. Turns out it was the sunroof motor was not very tight. They took down the lining and tightened it up and have had zero issues.

king99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a creaking coming from somewhere in the back of my cab (crew). I can't figure it out for the life of me. I have to say this truck (2011) has more creaking front to back than any car i have ever owned.

justin443

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 RAM 1500 Sport 2wd
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i have the same problom 2010 sport, its the rattling noise from the center console though and when i put my elbow down and lean on it, it stops lol

its shut all the way but i dont know i cannot figure it out.

Liquidoxygen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 Diesel
I had this prob for a few days aswell. It was a weird rattle that drove me crazy. Turns out it was the seatbelt latch rattling against the pillar when not in use. Sounds stupid I know but it was something i ovelooked a thousand times. now i just leave them latched in the back all the time and rattle gone.

I Do however have a very slight vibration under my feet on the drivers side. Its not all the time but when its there you cant miss it. It bothers me to no end and I am still unable to figure it out. Ive had my lift re torqued, tires checked and rebalanced, rotated, shocks checked, allignment redone all to no avail.

ultra2207

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I Do however have a very slight vibration under my feet on the drivers side. Its not all the time but when its there you cant miss it. It bothers me to no end and I am still unable to figure it out. Ive had my lift re torqued, tires checked and rebalanced, rotated, shocks checked, allignment redone all to no avail.
Me too! I especially feel it when turning left. Mine feels like there is a raised section or bump on one of my front tires but there isn't. It's annoying as hell. It's been that way since I installed the leveling kit. I only feel it through my feet on the floorboard.

sent via tapatalk

ultra2207

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Also, to add to this thread, my drivers side door panel rattles when my music is up. Just the slightest touch with my hand and the rattle stops. I haven't messed with it yet.

sent via tapatalk

jlb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
I feel like they don't really tighten everything very well when they originally manufacture these trucks.

When I replaced my intake with my current CAI I just pulled the tube off the TB, the clamp was that loose... I suppose Chrysler would say that was an easy dis-assembly feature lol

Peattie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i dont have any rattle noises BUT i do get a slight whistle noise when im driving. i thought it might be the air box but i noticed it when i was breaking too so im not sure what it is

cccp1989

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Dodge ram 1500 5.7L V8 Hemi Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7L V8
My center council rattles. I put some vegetables oil on were it locks and seems fine.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2

jaseRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i have the same problom 2010 sport, its the rattling noise from the center console though and when i put my elbow down and lean on it, it stops lol

its shut all the way but i dont know i cannot figure it out.

My center council rattles. I put some vegetables oil on were it locks and seems fine.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2

@justin445 your issue is the exact thing that is driving me bonkers. If I unlatch it and let it rest it is ok. Takes a good push to have latch engage all the way. Not sure if the the rubbing of the latch on catch or the latch wiggling internally.

@cccp1989 I was considering using a light lubricant too but not veg oil as it can smell after a while.

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I've got about 4K miles on my 2012--no noises, rattles, creaks, or thumps. I feel your pain, but I'm glad I'm not there with you. :hands: