Rear shocks for 4th Gen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MI_Bornnraised

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello guys, this is my first post here so spear me. I'm in a difficult situation on what to go with for my rear suspension. Right now I'm running Bilstein 5100's up front of my 4th Gen. My rear shocks are still stock I'm looking to upgrade to either Bilstein 5100's or 5160's. I've also been looking at icon vs 2.0 shocks for the rear. Probably will end up going with the Bilstein's, but does anyone out there have a review or is running the 5160 in the rear? Icon's seem to overpriced for what they are just curious to see what the company is about. I mostly use my truck as a everyday driver with a little off roading when i find time.

Goose_1327

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Bump for more discussion? Interested myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mh3c

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I ultimately decided against Bilstein based on reviews, and went with KYB MonoMax

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Yes I have 5100s all the way around. with the TTC-1211S it rides more like a truck.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I ultimately decided against Bilstein based on reviews, and went with KYB MonoMax

Can you expand a little on the reviews on the Bil's that made you buy something else?
Jay

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have 5100's all the way around they ride better then factory shocks.... one of the best upgrades I've done so far. I haven't really seen any bad reviews on them....

mh3c

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can you expand a little on the reviews on the Bil's that made you buy something else?
Jay

Sure. I went to some third party sites to see what the feedback was. Generally feedback was pretty good. However I was noticing a pattern concerning lifespan and ride when pulling a trailer. The Monomax seemed to be addressing more of what i needed: stability when pulling a heavy utility trailer. I bought them instead and I am VERY happy with them. The immediate removal of porpoising was worth the $. W/O the trailer, the ride is stiffer as one would expect, but handles great.

I will probably do the front ones next.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have rear 5100s and they are awesome. I got them because the stock shocks were terrible for towing my TT. The rear would bounce all over the place it was to point it was making me nervous. With the Bils it's much more controlled while towing. And the ride is essentially the same as the stockers.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sure. I went to some third party sites to see what the feedback was. Generally feedback was pretty good. However I was noticing a pattern concerning lifespan and ride when pulling a trailer. The Monomax seemed to be addressing more of what i needed: stability when pulling a heavy utility trailer. I bought them instead and I am VERY happy with them. The immediate removal of porpoising was worth the $. W/O the trailer, the ride is stiffer as one would expect, but handles great.

I will probably do the front ones next.

Thank you
Jay