Rear Timbren load bump stops

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

808ram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
Stock vs Timbren. Last time.I went offroading, the rear axle of my truck flexed so much it ripped the rear stock bump stops. It's made out of foam so I wasn't surprised it failed. Won these used Timbren for 1/2 the price of new ones on ebay. Here's the size comparison if anyone was wondering. The Timbren are so much bigger and made out of solid rubber. These will definately keep my rear tires from rubbing my fender flares while flexing.

https://flic.kr/p/WGrDaL

Last edited:

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
This issue is they make your truck ride like balls when they are touching. I had them and quickly returned them.

UnsatFC

Active duty NAVY
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It will keep from flexing however when you have a heavy load or heavy toung weight and they are resting on the axle....the ride will be rough. I had a set on my ram to help but once the trailer was hooked up and I felt how the ride was I returned them.

OP
OP

808ram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
i installed them not for towing a heavy load but to keep my axle from over flexing when i go off roading. the stock oem bumpstops are too short/weak foam and these Timbrens are longer/tougher rubber. with the oem stops my 33's flexed and rubbed on my fender flares a couple of times. this is when i was running a 2.5" leveling kit with 2" body lift. now i have a 6" lift so the longer Timbren should correct my problem. and by off roading i mean that i rock crawl through lava rocks here in Hawaii.

Rugged

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Those stops look like the real deal. Lava rocks huh. Pics are required. [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk