Rebel emblem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BUGGS99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Has anyone tried putting the RAM emblem on their non-rebel? I was not fond of it at all at first...but its really grown on me, I think it would help my black edition stand out more since their are so many on the road... I have done sport mirror upgrades, factory flares, dif headlights etc so it stands out abit but I think i wanna do this emblem. Give me your thoughts and if the A will fit in the same holes for the current emblem!

Thanks!

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    17.4 KB · Views: 62

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
My thoughts, since you asked ..

If I saw that on the road, I would feel the same way I would if I seen a V6 mustang with a GT badge.

Go for it

OP
OP
B

BUGGS99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI

If I saw that on the road, I would feel the same way I would if I seen a V6 mustang with a GT badge.

Go for it

well good thing in this case I still have the HEMI as the Rebel does So I am not Fibbing on power, where as the prospected goal is to simply have a different tailgate look than every other black edition versus trying to emulate a rebel. That would be the case for a V6 mustang; with a GT badge, aspiring to be something it is not.

Thanks for your feedback tho!

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Go for it

A twin turbo V8 mustang with a V6 badge on the other hand... :happy107:

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Its your truck... nobody will even notice it but you. If you think some ********* letters on a black tailgate will set you apart..do it.

Worse case, take it off if you dont like it.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
If you have a RAM's head on your tailgate now, it is recessed into the tailgate. I highly doubt the letter A will cover the recess left by the Rams head, it's approximately 5" square.
If you really want the RAM letters on your tailgate, find someone with the same body color to trade.

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I could be wrong, but I believe that the "new" RAM tailgate letters all have studs, so to speak, on the back for alignment purposes. You'd have to either shave them off, or drill some small holes in your tailgate to line them up. Or, go the expensive route and find a crashed 2016 RAM and swap out the tailgates all together.

OP
OP
B

BUGGS99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I could be wrong, but I believe that the "new" RAM tailgate letters all have studs, so to speak, on the back for alignment purposes. You'd have to either shave them off, or drill some small holes in your tailgate to line them up. Or, go the expensive route and find a crashed 2016 RAM and swap out the tailgates all together.

Thanks! that was my original question really, was if itd work or not. I got the idea from the new night edition RAM just launched. I actually am not a huge fan of the rebel overall design, much more into the sport look. IT caught eye on the tailgate because first on rebel was like eh....but then seeing the night edition in red and white sports, it looks real sharp and thought it would be a nice matte suttle pop on my truck.

Attachments

• 2-2017-Ram-1500-Night-Edition-9-1-16.jpg
    2-2017-Ram-1500-Night-Edition-9-1-16.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 45

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm sure you could make it work. It'd probably be best to shave off the tabs on the back of the letters and then just use some 3M tape to apply them to your tailgate.