Recon Customer Service

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Damn, what happened to them... used to be a decent company... or atleast they were with me.

Short story: We picked up a 2011 King Ranch F450 for the farm and the owner wanted to customize it with all the lights... Pretty much ordered everything Recon had for a Superduty, headlights, tail lights, door plate lights etc etc.... Long story short there was a small scratch on one of the tail lights and one of the headlights had a issue... Got on the ball with Recon and they sent out new ones and told me to keep the defective ones... as there is nothing they could do with them anyway... no charge shipped next day air on their dime...

Granted that was 5 years ago but its sad to hear they have gone to crap... Sounds like they built a decent name back in the day and now they have cheap "knockoff" parts that they sell using their name that was good at one time. They are overpriced though. For what they charge you can get a set customized by The Retroshop and have a "custom" better product

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I always thought they had a good reputation for customer service---guess not! Thanks for posting this
Jay

matt.davidson09

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 RAM 2500 Laramie Mega Cab
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Good lord it just keeps getting worse. After waiting 3 weeks for taillights, they shipped the wrong one. Ordered black smoked LED tails, they sent red smoked LED tails. They really need to get their **** together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GoldDot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good lord it just keeps getting worse. After waiting 3 weeks for taillights, they shipped the wrong one. Ordered black smoked LED tails, they sent red smoked LED tails. They really need to get their **** together.

I would ask for a full refund including any shipping/return charges. If they didn't agree I would call the credit card company and reverse the charge.

matt.davidson09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
It's like they have absolutely no quality control. Couple things to note here -

1) "Ship Date" on shipping label was 3 days after purchase - that's acceptable. Didn't actually ship until last week.

2) Part number on shipping label and packing slip is what I paid for; giant ass part number on side of box is not. If the part number on the slip and shipper don't match what's on the box, DONT SHIP THE BOX.

I could go join these guys in their garage and immediately become VP of their "Logistics and Shipping Department". I actually don't like talking about a company this way, but this is just ridiculous.

e59461172dc90fb674104912396aa55d.jpg
8dd3854a882408483f3b007122c81b6c.jpg
d072c8a2b3df19abfbab4044406353bf.jpg

matt.davidson09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I would ask for a full refund including any shipping/return charges. If they didn't agree I would call the credit card company and reverse the charge.

At this point I just want my damn parts lol I contacted their customer service (outside their 7hr service window, of course). Expect them to overnight the correct part number to me as well as provide a shipping label/pickup if they want the incorrect pair back.

Last edited:

JJK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sport quad 4X4 HEMI 5.7

Same here got red!!
:flipthebird:

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I think their customer service guy found this thread and is just f---ing with you now lol

OP
OP
daveray9

daveray9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Same here got red!!
:flipthebird:

That sux... are they going to send you the smoked first, or do you have to send em back before they send the smoked ones.

Sorry guys... they suck.

JJK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sport quad 4X4 HEMI 5.7
That sux... are they going to send you the smoked first, or do you have to send em back before they send the smoked ones.

Sorry guys... they suck.
Sent me a return tag via email said They will take care of me. Than called me Buddy in the email....I not your buddy.... Odd! Than I got a second email from someone else saying sorry for the mix up please send them back. I sent a email back asking when i will get the right set. Been two days now have not heard a word. So anyone looking for a new set of smoked red tails I got a set for-sale. I will be doing something else. I have been going though this process for months with them.
The first set i had the black separated could see chrome though the black lenses outer edge 7 months old. I called (Clay customer service Recon). Lots of emails sent. Told me he could sale me a set for 194.00 and would have them out today. So i pay pal 194.00 bucks two weeks go by no tracking number? So i called Clay He said there on back order! But I have red smoked ones i can get out today! I said no thanks i will wait. Week goes by I get a tracking number in my email they have shipped Fed EX I get home from work and there red smoked in the box:puke: So yes there ether on **** or crack or something along that line. There Quality of the product and there lame customer service! I'm done dealing with. When I call a customer service rep Don't talk to me on speaker phone. Clay at recon your good at it. So to answer your ? these are not going anywhere until i get the right ones. Nice work Recon :happy107: I would go on!! But i think you get the jest of it!

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I had never heard of the Recon company until I joined this forum. Thankfully I did as when I did go to look for lighting, all things pointed to them. It's sad that the level of professionalism with several companies have declined so much. It's like they take pride on seeing who can have the worst customer service. :(

Reactions: JJK